Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 11:23 AM

5,484 posts, read 8,315,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
It's okay to not get in the last word in every argument.......
You're right.

Old 01-22-2018, 11:35 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,289,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMRE View Post
I'm not sure what you say is a personal attack. I just offered to buy you a cup of coffee. Don't be so sensitive. If I was attacking it would look much different. And I'd probably be banned. Not once have I called you a personal name. Just that your experience isn't familiar with me or the folks I deal with.

If you wish to be bitter and angry that's on you. The offer is still on the table for the coffee. Then you'll learn more about me. That I'm definitely not that type of person.
"I'm not sure what you say is a personal attack."

"Don't be so sensitive." - passive aggressive and many would consider it a personal attack.
"If you wish to be bitter and angry that's on you" - again, passive-aggressive and a personal attack.

You should only speak to your own, personal experience and allow others to narrate their own experiences. Clearly, ART123 has had a different experience than yours. Your reality doesn't invalidate his reality and vice versa. Both people's experiences can coexist. Continuing to passive-aggressively attack other poster's makes me question everything you are saying.

Old 01-22-2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
"I'm not sure what you say is a personal attack."

"Don't be so sensitive." - passive aggressive and many would consider it a personal attack.
"If you wish to be bitter and angry that's on you" - again, passive-aggressive and a personal attack.

You should only speak to your own, personal experience and allow others to narrate their own experiences. Clearly, ART123 has had a different experience than yours. Your reality doesn't invalidate his reality and vice versa. Both people's experiences can coexist. Continuing to passive-aggressively attack other poster's makes me question everything you are saying.

I haven't attacked anyone. You questioning what I say is your choice. I feel no ill will either way. I said you were right.

Old 01-22-2018, 01:27 PM

I apologize to Art123. I went back through the thread and see where it looks like I was attacking. I promise that wasn't my intention and hope we can move forward. You are a very important contributor to this forum.

Old 01-23-2018, 04:51 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,724,822 times
Oh my, a truce without the mod stepping in ? What is this, bizarro tuesday ?

Old 01-23-2018, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
Oh my, a truce without the mod stepping in ? What is this, bizarro tuesday ?

Lol. It wasn't my intention to make ART feel attacked. Sometimes things can come across wrong when typing to forums.

Old 01-23-2018, 07:05 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,788,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMRE View Post
I apologize to Art123. I went back through the thread and see where it looks like I was attacking. I promise that wasn't my intention and hope we can move forward. You are a very important contributor to this forum.
Thanks! Looking forward to some more positive interactions soon, and I hope the OP finds what they’re looking for!

Old 01-23-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Thanks! Looking forward to some more positive interactions soon, and I hope the OP finds what they’re looking for!
You're welcome. I'm sure they will.

Old 01-23-2018, 06:18 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,392,447 times
Quote:
Just going from Art's list, I'd offer that both Muslim and Transgender people would be likely to see more overt racism.

I know that personally, I occasionally hear comments said out in the open by racist / intolerant people that assume I agree with their views based on the fact that I'm a white guy. I'd guess those same people might not openly make those same comments to you or other minorities.
I think the people that you are calling racist/intolerant would disagree with your assertion that their stance on those issues are racist or bigoted.

I've seen people recently argue that a requirement to have a photo ID to vote is racist. What is racist or intolerant to one person often seems reasonable and non racist or non bigoted to another person. This is a situation in which nice people are being accused of racism but they are just people who want to prevent voter fraud, not prevent black people from voting.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 01-23-2018 at 06:48 PM..

Old 01-24-2018, 04:56 AM

843 posts, read 1,431,124 times
Yeah I'd suspect the answers to the question if a muslim woman wanted to wear her hijab in a SC driver's license photo is going to be much different than if a catholic nun did the same with her habit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area