Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2018, 01:36 PM

9 posts, read 15,048 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone i am planning on moving to Anderson sc. were looking for a big home for are family i'd like to know more about the area, schools festivals and all it has to offer!i have 2 kids. and what is there to do? we are excited to move as we have been in ny way to long and its something me and my hubby wanna do. I just wanna know as much about Anderson area as possible i am doing online classes to become a teacher atm until then i am on low income hubby can't work due to medical conditions but he still gets an income. . we have talked to alot of people who reasured us its a cheaper place to live. PLEASE NO BASHING NO RUDE COMMENTS TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2018, 02:27 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,448,365 times
Like I said in your other thread...Anderson is definitely cheaper, but you shouldn't want to pack and move your family hundreds of miles away just because it's cheaper. Anderson has some nice festivals throughout the year, and so does Greenville. Clemson is also close by and has many lively events.

If you like recreation or being active, Anderson's good; Lake Hartwell and Keowee, plenty of walking tracks and trails, a "world class" YMCA, a fine city Rec center, the sports complex, etc. Anmed is one of the best hospital systems in the state.

The schools on the NE side of town are easily the best, but it's a pretty white collar area. The NW not as much, but still generally the same story.

Anderson is also larger than it appears on paper, the city doesn't annex. So there's more amenities than you'd typically find a town of 25,000 people because it's not that small.

But like I said, it's not a magic wand. Things still cost money. My honest advice would be try to visit and really see if it's practical. It being cheaper is not enough. There are cities up in the northeast that have more resources than Anderson and there are cities in the southeast that are much cheaper than Anderson. You can be a preschool teacher anywhere. Keep it in mind.

Old 02-11-2018, 02:58 PM

5,490 posts, read 8,321,975 times
As Jandrew pretty much said. The cost of living is cheaper, but so are average wages and resources. Our transit system isn't that reliable yet either. A degree is typically needed to make a decent wage unless you own your own business. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Old 02-11-2018, 11:57 PM

Default Hey you!!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMRE View Post
As Jandrew pretty much said. The cost of living is cheaper, but so are average wages and resources. Our transit system isn't that reliable yet either. A degree is typically needed to make a decent wage unless you own your own business. I hope you find what you're looking for.
Hey it says your a Real estate agent? Looking for a nice place 5 bed 2 bath or 4 bed 2 bath are u in Anderson area?

Old 02-11-2018, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Like I said in your other thread...Anderson is definitely cheaper, but you shouldn't want to pack and move your family hundreds of miles away just because it's cheaper. Anderson has some nice festivals throughout the year, and so does Greenville. Clemson is also close by and has many lively events.

If you like recreation or being active, Anderson's good; Lake Hartwell and Keowee, plenty of walking tracks and trails, a "world class" YMCA, a fine city Rec center, the sports complex, etc. Anmed is one of the best hospital systems in the state.

The schools on the NE side of town are easily the best, but it's a pretty white collar area. The NW not as much, but still generally the same story.

Anderson is also larger than it appears on paper, the city doesn't annex. So there's more amenities than you'd typically find a town of 25,000 people because it's not that small.

But like I said, it's not a magic wand. Things still cost money. My honest advice would be try to visit and really see if it's practical. It being cheaper is not enough. There are cities up in the northeast that have more resources than Anderson and there are cities in the southeast that are much cheaper than Anderson. You can be a preschool teacher anywhere. Keep it in mind.

This was alot better then what you said before Honestly Ty we have decided this is best for are Family we have looked into it just wanna see what else they have to offer, where we live now things r closing down... so it be nice to do this move closer to fam and what not.

Old 02-12-2018, 05:57 AM

5,490 posts, read 8,321,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamawolf69 View Post
Hey it says your a Real estate agent? Looking for a nice place 5 bed 2 bath or 4 bed 2 bath are u in Anderson area?
I sent you a pm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area