Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2008, 11:37 PM

29 posts, read 145,204 times

Advertisements

Hello. I would like some opinions on living in Greenville versus Raleigh. I visiting Raleigh last week. I had a great time, however the area seemed to be population boom crazy. I read somewhere that more people moved to Wake County (county of Raleigh) last year than moved to the entire state of Florida. How is the growth in Greenville. I work in IT and have a young family. Is there any Southern way of living still in Greenville? I don't want to knock Raleigh. I enjoyed the time I spent there. I sure am glad my rental car came with GPS .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 03:57 AM

33 posts, read 117,407 times
Well, I live in Greenville and love it. My friend moved from Greenville to Raleigh, and she loves it there too. When I visit Raleigh, it reminds me of Greenville. People from Raleigh rave about Greenville's downtown. Raleigh has more concerts, theater, and arts- like any bigger city. It is also swamped with IT guys from all the universities. Greenville is smaller, easier, and less expensive. Both towns are family friendly- Raleigh seems more liberal socially and politically. You'd probably like either place, but Greenville does still have a Southern feel.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:47 PM

282 posts, read 749,446 times
Maybe you would enjoy the outskirts of Greenville. Try Simpsonville, Easley, or Powdersville. By the way, Powdersville is an area, not a town. If I can be of more help, please let me know. All of these areas have been discussed here on City Data!

Old 03-26-2008, 11:50 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,156,994 times
Well, I have family in Raleigh and family that used to live in Greenville (now live in Anderson) and I personally love both places. I like the fact that Raleigh is a little closer to the beach though.

My family in Raleigh lives on the east side... near Knightdale. They live in a quaint rural area on the outskirts of town, but not far from the booming downtown. I have not been for a few years.... longing to go back to both places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area