Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 08:04 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
WYFF-TV is seeking a Meteorologist for weekend weather anchoring and an Anchor.

The Meteorologist need could support speculation Pamela Wright has departed. I initially thought the schedule could be weekday morning if Dale Gilbert is retiring.
Pamela Wrights Facebook page indicates to me she is still "working" for WYFF. She shared Cessarichs post from I think it was Wednesday. However, there are several comments indicating she has not been on the air b some of her followers, but that doesnt mean she had left, yet.

Doesnt bother me either way, I dont watch WYFF news any ways, and havent watched the mornig news in years, but good old Dale will be missed when he does finally retire.

On a side note, WSPA needs to drop this split screen 2 location broadcasts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2018, 05:24 PM

604 posts, read 583,310 times
I'm not THAT attached to them; I'm just curious as to whether or not they're actually gone. When they disappear without a comment, you're just left to wonder.

Old 05-26-2018, 09:07 AM

1,077 posts, read 1,649,256 times
Who watches local news anymore with social media and online publications providing more in depth news?

Old 05-26-2018, 10:11 AM

1,002 posts, read 1,048,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
Who watches local news anymore with social media and online publications providing more in depth news?

True - but I do try to catch traffic & weather in the morning / flipping between Fox 21 & CNBC

Old 05-28-2018, 02:42 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times
Quote:
WYFF-TV is seeking a Meteorologist for weekend weather anchoring and an Anchor.

The Meteorologist need could support speculation Pamela Wright has departed. I initially thought the schedule could be weekday morning if Dale Gilbert is retiring.
I think Pamela Wright has now requested a reduced schedule. She apparently lives in NC near Asheville and I believe her husband may operate a restaurant there.

As for her replacement on the weekends they have hired meteorologist Sarah Fortner who formerly reported weekend weather on WCNC, Channel 36, NBC Charlotte. Perhaps Hearst is offering a salary increase for her move to WYFF, but usually smaller markets pay a bit less and Charlotte is a Top 25 media market. Although Tegna owned WCNC is the 3rd rated Charlotte news station behind WBTV and WSOC, and it may be a good move to join top rated WYFF. But she is young, attractive and pleasant and should be a welcome addition to WYFF. And antenna viewers between Charlotte and Greenville can follow her move to Channel 4.

Old 05-28-2018, 04:16 PM

423 posts, read 898,412 times
WYFF just announced that Mike McCormick, weekend anchor and reporter, and his photographer were killed today when a tree fell on their vehicle while covering the floods and storm damage in Polk County NC. How very tragic. Prayers are with their families and coworkers.

Last edited by gvlgal; 05-28-2018 at 04:19 PM.. Reason: Grammar

Old 05-28-2018, 04:22 PM

4,899 posts, read 7,441,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvlgal View Post
WYFF just announced that Mike McCormick, weekend anchor and reporter, and his photographer were killed today when a tree fell on their vehicle while covering the floods and storm damage in Polk County NC. How very tragic. Prayers are with their families and coworkers.
That’s so sad. Hug your loved ones . . .

Old 05-28-2018, 04:51 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Quote:
When I have watched local news on weekend evenings, I usually found McCormick to be watchable and straightforward with news. McCormick and photojournalist Aaron Smeltzer will be missed greatly in the WYFF, journalism, and broadcasting communities.

The accident occurred along United States Route 176 between Saluda and Tryon. Driving westbound from Tryon to Saluda is not easy.

Old 05-28-2018, 06:50 PM

99,499 posts, read 4,489,231 times
Quote:
When I have watched local news on weekend evenings, I usually found McCormick to be watchable and straightforward with news. McCormick and photojournalist Aaron Smeltzer will be missed greatly in the WYFF, journalism, and broadcasting communities.

The accident occurred along United States Route 176 between Saluda and Tryon. Driving westbound from Tryon to Saluda is not easy.

So sad to hear. I drove that route when visiting Polk County last month. Beautiful but challenging drive.

Old 05-28-2018, 08:31 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times
Quote:
So sorry to hear this sad news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area