Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 08:19 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,057,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Greer's downtown is a work in progress. The only reason to go is for local restaurants.
It definitely has potential.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2018, 08:21 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,057,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe33075 View Post
We just moved to the Westside of Spartanburg right, but it could actually be Wellford. We can be to Pelham Rd in 15 mins. Obviously, I’m not sure what the time would take during rush hour. We love this area. We are close to everything and can get into Greenville in under 30 mins. Again not sure about rush hour. Neither one of us works in Greenville. Hubby is retired and I work from here me.

Spartanburg has a nice downtown. You should definitely check out Spartanburg. It wasn’t on our radar when we were looking to move as we had our heart set on Greenville, but once we came out this way, we were sold.
Yay, you made it! Welcome

Old 06-22-2018, 07:43 PM

132 posts, read 113,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Yay, you made it! Welcome
Thanks Becky. Yes almost a month now. Still getting settled. We love Spartanburg. I can’t believe we didn’t have it on the radar. We are so close to all our daily needs and close enough to everything else.

Old 06-23-2018, 04:05 AM

1,279 posts, read 852,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppiesandKittens View Post
Clemson
Clemson is in the Greenville metro area. Even if it’s not in Greenville County.

Old 06-24-2018, 03:13 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,037,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate67 View Post
That and Simpsonville.

Although Ft Inn's downtown is coming along a LOT better than Simpsonville's. Sville has a lot of potential.... its just not being used though imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Same with Greer.
Disagree there.. Greer's downtown is really nice. Not what I would expect at all if I had never been there..

Old 06-24-2018, 04:18 PM

4,899 posts, read 7,445,513 times
Greer also has a major hotel/retail development complex going in at the corner of Main and Poinsett. Greer’s really growing in a very positive way. Plate 108 is a really cool place and there’s a nice higher-end men’s store, Smith & James. We always enjoy Wild Aces for Pizza and love to sit on their patio.

There’s a nice city park with a small lake and a nice playground with covered picnic shelters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area