Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 07:40 AM

107 posts, read 520,087 times

Advertisements

Yes, the Avalon is a very nice house. All of the Ryan homes a very nice in our opinion. The Avalons master suite is what swayed us towards it the most. I wouldn't worry too much about being on the cul-de-sac, the neighborhood is entirely cul-de-sac like with no thru traffic. We would also have liked a basement, but at an extra 40G's we just couldn't bring ourselves to do it. We are also on Waters Reach Lane, so we are definately neighbors. Perhaps the kids can get together for play dates! It's very exciting to hear from you and we wish you and your family the very best of luck as you make your move. We'll be a couple of months behind, hope to meet you then!

Last edited by Biscuits&Gravy; 12-22-2006 at 08:00 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2007, 02:19 PM

8 posts, read 27,977 times
We are also relocating from Long Island and are building in Whitehall on Waters Reach Lane. The house should be done in June. We bought the Dorchester model. We loved both the Avalon and Dorchester, but found the bedrooms in the Dorchester were larger than the Avalon. Plus who really needs such an OBSCENELY huge master bathroom that the Avalon has!

Old 03-16-2007, 04:40 PM

107 posts, read 520,087 times
[quote=Plus who really needs such an OBSCENELY huge master bathroom that the Avalon has![/QUOTE]

WE DO!

Well hello neighbor! I love that I keep running across my future neighbors on this forum. My family will be residing at 110 Waters Reach Lane, some time in August. We are coming from the Boston area. What will be your address? I have made contact with several very nice people who already live at Whitehall and a couple others who will be moving there soon. Let me know if there are any questions that I might be able to help you answer. So happy to hear from you and very anxious to get down there, considering it is snowing like crazy here today!

Old 03-19-2007, 02:31 PM
jac

389 posts, read 1,006,769 times
I had forgotten about this thread. We considered an Avalon, but then decided on a Dorchester. We are really enjoying the extra space. I love having the upstairs laundry and a big kitchen. We also did the bonus room (being a frugal New Englander, I couldn't see passing up the opportunity for some extra space). We moved in right after Christmas. Most of our 30-day items have been taken care of. We have had some issues, most of which have been completely taken care of. There are a few items on our 30-day list that have to be finished still. I will keep you posted.

I bet you all are going to like it here. I know you were hit with more cold and snow over the weekend. It is 70 in my backyard right now (4:30 pm). I do not miss the cold or the snow at all!

Old 03-20-2007, 07:10 AM

8 posts, read 27,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jac View Post
I had forgotten about this thread. We considered an Avalon, but then decided on a Dorchester. We are really enjoying the extra space. I love having the upstairs laundry and a big kitchen. We also did the bonus room (being a frugal New Englander, I couldn't see passing up the opportunity for some extra space). We moved in right after Christmas. Most of our 30-day items have been taken care of. We have had some issues, most of which have been completely taken care of. There are a few items on our 30-day list that have to be finished still. I will keep you posted.
we are getting the bonus room, gourmet kitchen, and the extra bathroom in the guest bedroom. The layout and size of the rooms were what sold us on the Dorchester. What are some of the 'issues' you describe? Is there anything we should be aware of specifically? They have just started the framing. It's a bit difficult not being there in person.

Last edited by Yac; 03-21-2007 at 05:41 AM..

Old 03-20-2007, 08:26 AM
jac

389 posts, read 1,006,769 times
First, rest assured that all of our 'issues' are things that could and can be fixed. I feel that our home is well built (much better than 2 homes we had built when we lived on the west coast) and that Ryan seems to really want to make things right. Things we have had worked on since moving in are the stairs, the porch roof, yard drainage, gutters and minor flooring fixes. If you would like more details, I can send you an e-mail.

I can imagine that you are nervous because you aren't down here. When are you expecting to be here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area