U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 07:04 AM

69 posts, read 9,967 times

Advertisements

[url]https://www.cookinglight.com/news/fresh-market-most-hated-companies-glassdoor[/url]

Question:
What are your experiences with Fresh Market and why does Fresh Market have a bad reputation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2019, 07:19 AM

1,822 posts, read 1,757,361 times
I had no idea that it had a bad reputation! I used to shop there a lot when I ate meat, as they had very good thick streaks and fresh chicken. In my Raleigh store they also carried Kosher for Passover cakes and other holiday goodies; here in Greenville they do not. What I don't like about the store is that they give the appearance of being a place to get healthy options, but their baked goods do not have healthy ingredients and they do not carry any vegan options. Sometimes they have good prices on their produce, but most of the time it is more expensive than elsewhere. So I really have no reason to shop there anymore.

Old 03-12-2019, 07:25 AM

184 posts, read 126,184 times
Over priced goods that can be bought elsewhere for less.

Old 03-12-2019, 07:26 AM

1,005 posts, read 987,490 times
High quality goods, but they're very proud of them (meaning expensive).

Old 03-12-2019, 07:27 AM

2,363 posts, read 2,907,153 times
Seems like a very nice store. I guess you would have to ask the people that work there. Is anyone ever happy with their job in retail? I pay very little attention to Glassdoor reviews as everyones experience is different and many people that post negative comments on it have probably been fired for good reason.

I really don't get the point of the article. Are they referring to employee or customer experience?

Last edited by vistatiger; 03-12-2019 at 07:35 AM..

Old 03-12-2019, 07:37 AM

Back when I went on the only trip I have ever been to a Fresh Market , at a location in Hendersonville, the prices seemed decent for what you got meaning that prices have probably hiked up since then. I would say it was about 6 years ago.

Old 03-12-2019, 07:51 AM

1,581 posts, read 1,975,906 times
Most people will assume you're asking about opinions on The Fresh Market for shopping there as a customer, but the link you post is about negative opinions about working there as an employee.

I have no idea what it's like to work there. As a shopper, yes, it's a premium botique fancy supermarket that some would call overpriced. (Though I don't hold such things against people. There are overpriced handbag stores and underwear shops and car dealers and home builders and bicycle shops, and there's nothing inherently wrong with spending more to get a nicer experience and product.)

Old 03-12-2019, 07:57 AM

Just posted this to get some feedback on Fresh Market, that is all.

Old 03-12-2019, 08:16 AM

234 posts, read 119,289 times
I find their not just overpriced but the stuff they make in the store isn't that great either. My son used to work there and get us a discount. He quit and we haven't been back.

Old 03-12-2019, 08:24 AM

2,363 posts, read 2,907,153 times
I remember back to the late 80's it was really a special experience with the woodsy farmers market look and the classical music. Other grocers like Bi-Lo and Winn Dixie were so bland and generic looking back then as far as the decor and atmosphere. So many more upscale grocers exists now. I think they kind of helped set the standard of what some of today's grocery chains look like with their produce dept's etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or