U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2019, 02:09 AM

65 posts, read 187,040 times

Advertisements

Spartanburg Ukuleles is a local Ukulele Club out of Spartanburg County South Carolina. We are secular and apolitical. We welcome players of all skill levels to our facebook group and our MeetUps. Well behaved children are welcome with an accompanying adult. We meet the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7 pm and the 1st Saturday of each month at 2 pm at Spartanburg Community College's Downtown Campus at 220 E. Kennedy Street, Rm 136, Spartanburg, SC 29302. Enter on the backside through the Evans Academic Center Entrance.

We use The Daily Ukulele for many of our songs as well as song sheet handouts on a projector.

We have great relationships with Uke Galleria, Roper Music, and Guitar Center all in Spartanburg.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SpartanburgUkuleles

Web address: http://www.UkuleleFightClub.com
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/spartanburgukuleles
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SpartanburgUkes

Most of our song sheets are posted in PDF format at:
http://tinyurl.com/SptbgUkes

Please e-mail us with any questionsSpartanburgUkuleles@gmail.com or join our facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/SpartanburgUkuleles

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2019, 07:54 AM

19 posts, read 9,925 times
Sounds like a lot of fun!

Old 04-18-2019, 10:43 AM
NDL

3,829 posts, read 4,261,789 times
This sounds cool....thanks for posting it

Old 07-10-2019, 07:41 PM

383 posts, read 911,657 times
How do I turn a soprano Uke into a Baritone? Can this be done with a Capo?

Old 07-11-2019, 01:05 AM

Default Soprano to Baritone

It's a different body size and tuned differently. If you don't know already, soprano, concert and tenor ukuleles are commonly tuned to standard tuning: g-C-E-A. A baritone ukulele is tuned lower like the bottom four strings of a guitar: D-G-B-E. A baritone ukulele has a deeper, lower-pitched sound.

Old 07-20-2019, 04:16 PM

383 posts, read 911,657 times
I know that.

Old 08-05-2019, 06:06 AM

9 posts, read 4,944 times
Hello! Sounds great! How good should I be able to play? I just learned a couple of chords on a friend's ukulele. And I plan to buy a tool for myself. Perhaps you can tell which ukulele is better for a beginner?

Old 08-06-2019, 12:20 AM

Default Newcomers

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanssophiya View Post
Hello! Sounds great! How good should I be able to play? I just learned a couple of chords on a friend's ukulele. And I plan to buy a tool for myself. Perhaps you can tell which ukulele is better for a beginner?
All skill levels are welcome. We have had people show up who have never played a ukulele before that day. It takes a second to teach you how to play the C chord and if that's all you know, follow along and play it when it comes up. "Just Enjoy Yourself" is our unofficial motto.

You have to decide which ukulele fits you best. Many people recommend spending at least forty dollars, not counting a gigbag or accessories, on a ukulele. A really cheap uke doesn't stay in tune, sound good, or have a good finish and can have sharp fret wires or other issues. It's better if you can pick up and try ukuleles than to just randomly pick one on Amazon or eBay. MimsUkes.com does a setup on every ukulele she sells. I have an Ohana SK-10 I bought from her through reverb.com that I love. Locally there is the Uke Galleria in Westgate Mall, Roper Music on Main Street, and Music & Art by Ollie's, and Guitar Center by Barnes & Noble.

If you are worried about committing, come to a meetup and let me know you will be there and I will bring an extra ukulele for you to try at the meetup. Please join our facebook group.

www.UkuleleFightClub.com

Old 08-06-2019, 05:40 AM

9 posts, read 4,944 times
I'm so glad you answered me! Thank you! I like your motto, I try to apply it in many life situations. And I'm very glad that you take even without skills.
Sorry, but what is gigbag? I’ve never heard about it. And in fact, I'm ready to spend more than $ 40 on an instrument, I understand why I need to pay such a price for it. In order not to make a 100% random choice, I have already studied quite a lot of ukulele reviews. According to reviews and the first place in the rating, this model is a good - Luna Guitars VMB RDS. And for comparison, I chose this Cordoba 15CM-E or Ukulele ST601. Your one now I also added to the comparison. It is very good that such a ukulele does not have a very high price. I like!
It remains the most difficult, choose a model, place an order and wait for the parcel.
Thank you very much for the invitation and care! But I will be in your area in about 2-3 months. Most likely, by this time I will be able to come with my ukulele. And maybe I will know more than two chords.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area