Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 12:46 PM

35 posts, read 29,028 times

Advertisements

Does anybody have any idea what will be replacing the Bi Lo on woodruff road that closed down??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2019, 01:22 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,940,955 times
Nothing announced. Its been sitting empty for over a year now.

Old 05-18-2019, 01:31 PM

5,134 posts, read 7,277,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by familyof5ks View Post
Does anybody have any idea what will be replacing the Bi Lo on woodruff road that closed down??
They could put a Food Lion there but perhaps too much competition with Publix across the street and Walmart, Aldi, and Lidl nearby. And a Harris Teeter would be nice for that area but they put the Sprouts at the site they were looking at after a big controversy. Maybe down towards Five Forks but already Publix, Lowe's, and BI-LO down there.

Old 05-18-2019, 02:42 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,642,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
They could put a Food Lion there but perhaps too much competition with Publix across the street and Walmart, Aldi, and Lidl nearby. And a Harris Teeter would be nice for that area but they put the Sprouts at the site they were looking at after a big controversy. Maybe down towards Five Forks but already Publix, Lowe's, and BI-LO down there.
I could see them tearing down and rebuilding at the BI-LO site.

Old 05-18-2019, 05:24 PM

i look for it to be filled by a big thrift store eventually like some of the other vacant Bi-Lo stores.

Old 05-20-2019, 06:29 AM

9,431 posts, read 9,704,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
My daughter has worked at Sprouts since they opened and she reports that the store does very light business. So it does appear that the area is over-saturated with groceries.

Maybe a Gold's Gym will take it over like it did the Bloom store on Pleasantburg.

Old 05-20-2019, 06:40 AM

1,842 posts, read 2,747,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
My daughter has worked at Sprouts since they opened and she reports that the store does very light business.
That's a shame to hear. I drive past it often enough and would stop there but never want to deal with the hassle of re-awaiting the line of traffic.

Old 05-20-2019, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeoid View Post
That's a shame to hear. I drive past it often enough and would stop there but never want to deal with the hassle of re-awaiting the line of traffic.
Yes. Location. Unless you live out that way who would want to drive out to it.

Old 05-20-2019, 08:12 AM

825 posts, read 1,118,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Yes. Location. Unless you live out that way who would want to drive out to it.

I live out that way and I still haven't been in Sprouts yet, but I probably don't fall into their target demographic as someone on a pretty tight grocery budget. Honestly I have been in that shopping center once to try the Greek place and that's it.

Old 05-20-2019, 03:17 PM

895 posts, read 1,133,077 times
We mainly shop at Sprouts for their sale produce items. It is not out of our way so it is worth it to stop in for the sale items(only).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area