U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 05:44 PM

105 posts, read 275,175 times
WHHS has got to be the ugliest school in the whole county. I think one reason it looks so 'prison-like' is because it sits on a far-away hill and just gives a strange impression. Maybe someday the appearance can be altered.

I had heard it was around that area, but I never thought that was it...guess I just expected something a little more attractive. Always thought it was some sort of institution/correctional facility. No joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 11:39 PM
B&R

123 posts, read 134,055 times
I graduated from Wade Hampton a few years back, well before the new buildings were built, and it wasn't that attractive then either. But the school was great and almost all my experiences were good. I didn't have a bad teacher and some were outstanding. The administration was OK - no complaints.

WHHS gets high marks academically under Newsweek magazine's rating system. They list Wade Hampton as one of the top 5% in the country. Actually in the top 3%. There are 16 SC schools on the list. Wade Hampton is 7th in the state. Five of the sixteen are in Greenville Co. Southside, Mauldin, Governor's School, WHHS, and J.L.Mann.

Woodmont HS is also on the list.

America's Top Public High Schools | Newsweek Best High Schools | Newsweek.com

Old 05-08-2008, 09:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,373 times
Hey. I'm registering to take my ACT at this school. Who do I contact to get the test center code? My email is Living4him220@gmail.com Please reply!!

-Deadline is tomorrow. No rush.

Last edited by Egould90; 05-08-2008 at 10:23 AM..

Old 05-08-2008, 10:31 AM

138 posts, read 429,377 times
Default a view of the school

For a view of the school

Go to:
http://maps.live.com

and enter:
100 Pine Knoll Drive, Greenville, SC 29609

in the Search box

Then when the picture comes up choose "Birds Eye View"

Old 01-06-2012, 02:56 PM

1 posts, read 482 times
Default crazy rules

this is my sons first year at this high school always there never late in collage grade classes in scouts soon to be eagle .....over all good kid dont drink smoke or dont ever get into trouble .....BUT my son was supened ....for clapping......yes clapping durning lunch this school needs to find other things to do ......I have made calls to get this reversed.....

Old 01-06-2012, 03:10 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,128,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLCompton74 View Post
this is my sons first year at this high school always there never late in collage grade classes in scouts soon to be eagle .....over all good kid dont drink smoke or dont ever get into trouble .....BUT my son was supened ....for clapping......yes clapping durning lunch this school needs to find other things to do ......I have made calls to get this reversed.....
What were the circumstances?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area