Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 05:46 AM

5 posts, read 18,739 times

Advertisements

I am relocating to the Spartanburg area. I already posted a thread asking about the area. I am very interested in the town of Inman. I will be working at the junction of I-85 and 26. Any info would help greatly.

Boston John
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2007, 06:25 AM

26 posts, read 106,768 times
Inman is a nice small town but convenient to where you're working via US-176 (Asheville Highway) and New Cut Road. Depending on where you live there's great views of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Inman hasn't experienced the explosive growth that nearby Boiling Springs has but you'll still have several supermarkets and restaurants in town. For more shopping and dining options, the Westgate Mall area is only about 10 minutes away via I-26.

Several nice subdivisions can be found along New Cut Road between Inman and I-26.

I've always believed that downtown Inman has the most potential of any of Spartanburg County's smaller towns. Unlike other towns, the buildings in Inman haven't been torn down or destroyed by fire. Main Street fronts the railroad tracks and, who knows, one day there could be commuter rail service again between Inman and Spartanburg.

On the downside, there's some shabbiness to parts of Inman, especially around the 176 / 292 intersection that needs to be cleaned up. I hope that community leaders recognize that this area is a gateway into the city and must be improved.

Old 11-16-2007, 01:47 PM

2 posts, read 6,010 times
I agree with roadsscholar; however, my primary question would be, do you have kids? I don't think I'd want to send my kids to school in that district.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:01 AM

5 posts, read 18,739 times
I do have kids, as of right now they will not be coming with me. My daughter who will start college will most likely stay with me. I can't see my son leaving his mother just yet. I like Inman because it's kinda out of the way and closer to the mountins but yet close to were I'll be working.

Thank you

Old 12-14-2007, 06:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgonn10 View Post
I am relocating to the Spartanburg area. I already posted a thread asking about the area. I am very interested in the town of Inman. I will be working at the junction of I-85 and 26. Any info would help greatly.

Boston John

I have lived in Inman all of my 17 years. great small town. only 10 minutes from Polk County, NC.
another great town up this way is Landrum

Old 12-16-2007, 10:31 AM

153 posts, read 714,200 times
Inman is a nice railroad town/mill village. There are lots of new subdivisions going up in that part of town. Its got great access to Spartanburg and other cities via the interstates. You're probably 10 minutes from the Westside shopping area in Spartanburg and maybe 12-15 to downtown. Great views of the mountains are not hard to find. This is of course "greater Inman" for lack of a better term, because the "town limits" are not very large at all.

I am glad to try and answer more specific questions if you have them.

Old 12-20-2007, 02:11 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,866,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_1690 View Post
Inman is a nice railroad town/mill village. There are lots of new subdivisions going up in that part of town. Its got great access to Spartanburg and other cities via the interstates. You're probably 10 minutes from the Westside shopping area in Spartanburg and maybe 12-15 to downtown. Great views of the mountains are not hard to find. This is of course "greater Inman" for lack of a better term, because the "town limits" are not very large at all.

I am glad to try and answer more specific questions if you have them.
My concern when choosing a town is be to make sure it is centrally located. I really don't want to rent, so I'd like to get settled into a house. I know that often people ask "where is your job?" because that's a major factor when house hunting, but we all know that changes happen and a job might not be permanent. I thought Landrum or Inman might be convenient to both Greenville and Spartanburg. A few months ago I was interested in Boiling Springs, but it's pretty far from Greenville as far as I can tell.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:05 PM

153 posts, read 714,200 times
You really don't get much more centrally located that Inman as far as Spartanburg goes. Its right at 85 and 26. Thats almost immediate access to roads that take you to all parts of the state. Boiling Springs is a little further east, so its further than Inman, but probably not as far as Landrum. Its also a much 'hotter' housing market, so you might find something more to your liking in Boiling Springs. You may also want to consider the Duncan/Lyman area. Its on the westside of Spartanburg, but its pretty central to the two cities. Its growing at least at the same rate, if not faster than, Boiling Springs.

Old 12-22-2007, 04:31 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,866,095 times
Thanks - Lyman was the town I was thinking of, not Landrum. I knew it began with an "L" however.

One concern I have about the more rural areas is that there will be hunting.

Is there hunting in Greenville or Spartanburg?

Old 04-25-2008, 01:37 PM

991 posts, read 4,610,519 times
I saw a really nice home in Inman are the schools bad?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area