Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 05:09 PM

12 posts, read 51,170 times

Advertisements

You've all given me some really great places to start-thank you. Some days are better than others. Seriously, I was always in it for the "we." Always. Still am most times of most days. :-\ I would love nothing more than to learn from this and grow our relationship stronger and better-he's aware of that-this is his choice for now, but if it doesn't go that way, when it comes to the retirement account, I'll let my lawyer handle it if I have to. This is not the same man I knew a year ago folks. That guy is MIA right now. If you're married, I don't care for how long, or how well you think your relationship is, just pick up a copy of "His Needs, Her Needs." If you're in a good spot, fantastic! You will find one or two things to make your marriage better! I wish I had read it five years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 05:31 PM

354 posts, read 1,073,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scnsc View Post
You've all given me some really great places to start-thank you. Some days are better than others. Seriously, I was always in it for the "we." Always. Still am most times of most days. :-\ I would love nothing more than to learn from this and grow our relationship stronger and better-he's aware of that-this is his choice for now, but if it doesn't go that way, when it comes to the retirement account, I'll let my lawyer handle it if I have to. This is not the same man I knew a year ago folks. That guy is MIA right now. If you're married, I don't care for how long, or how well you think your relationship is, just pick up a copy of "His Needs, Her Needs." If you're in a good spot, fantastic! You will find one or two things to make your marriage better! I wish I had read it five years ago.
You sound like a very wise woman!
You husband is lucky to have such a dedicated and forgiving woman. Hopefully, if this "temporary" insanity leaves him.......you will both be able to have a new perspective on what it takes for a marriage to be healthy and strong. If he doesn't wish to work through this and instead chooses to abandon his vows, then I'm sure you are still going to make out fine! You sound like you have a great understanding of how complicated life can be and that not every answer is the same for everyone.
Just from what you have said about reading that book, and the fact that you are even willing to look at the role you might have played within the breaking down of your marriage is amazing. (I'm not saying you have any fault in his infidelity......just that we all have a role we play within relationships)
You really seem to have the concept of "until you walk a mile in someones shoes" and that is what is most important to get you through this whether it works out or it doesn't.

I sense you will be fine........and really don't need anyone's advice.
You already know what you need to do for YOU to heal and so that you can look at yourself in the mirror!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area