U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2020, 10:18 PM

9 posts, read 9,317 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Las Vegas NV land of dry heat...and wanting to move to the SE for some Friendlier people, Southern Food. Humid Heat ( One thing I hope I get used to) and Southern Charm! I would like to buy a home, but don't know what area is best Greenville Area or Simpsonville. I see there are new homes being built but do not have any problem with an established neighborhood either! A lot of building going on in Simpsonville. How long does it take to get into Greenville for some concerts etc from Simpsonville. I am a middle age single lady looking to make a move. My hobbies are quilting, knitting, working in my yard, and my three Long Haired Dachshunds are my furry kids. I look forward to moving somewhere Green with a slower pace and simplier life as I move towards retirment years. I would love to take up biking and hiking in moderate fashion. I am a people person so hope to make friends fast especially thru perhaps my quilting hobby or other hobbies. I am outgoing and hopefully can fit in fast. I was born and raised in Canada and after 30 years in Las Vegas working in my sales career I want to get back to good people and simple fun! Where does anyone suggest a single gal should move to! Thanks for any replies. Also are there good quilt shops or "quilt groups" around these cities?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2020, 11:09 PM

6,772 posts, read 21,573,988 times
Simpsonville to Greenville via I-385 takes about 15 minutes.

Old 07-22-2020, 11:17 AM

8,534 posts, read 8,646,126 times
Greenville has a bit more to offer in what you are looking for. We have the Swamp Rabbit Trail that snakes through Greenville up to Travelers Rest. It's very popular and used for biking, running and walking. Plus Greenville is closer to the mountains for lots of places to hike.

If your budget is on the higher end, there are homes being built right on the Trail, you can almost walk out your door and be on it. You could ride your bike down to beautiful downtown Greenville for your morning coffee if you liked.

Simpsonville is more suburban. I live there and it does have nice features to it, but it's quickly becoming congested. Homes there a bit less expensive, so you can get a larger home for the money if that is what you need.

Old 07-22-2020, 11:43 AM

1,287 posts, read 937,820 times
Simpsonville is basically a suburb of Greenville.. Maybe ten miles between the two, so it all depends on what you're looking for.

If you want more of an "in town" feel, then Greenville is where you want to be. If you want to live in a fairly typical subdivision, then Sville is what you want - which I'd suggest since you say you're looking for a slower pace, a yard and a simplier life.

All those other things - the hiking and quilting can be done anywhere you choose.

Old 07-22-2020, 01:20 PM

5,348 posts, read 7,724,543 times
Simpsonville is suburban Greenville. What the other posters said is pretty much on point.

Old 07-22-2020, 01:38 PM

2,781 posts, read 2,986,236 times
If you want to get more into hiking and biking, I'd suggest looking at suburbs north of Greenville like Travelers Rest. There are some new developments in that area that have convenient access to the swamp rabbit trail. If you are okay with older homes, some of the old mill village suburbs of Greenville like San Souci are starting to see more rehabilitation and they would put you closer in to Greenville.

Simpsonville is more of a 2.2 kids and a dog family suburban area.

Old 07-22-2020, 11:22 PM

Default Greenville or Simpsonville.

Thanks All for the great answers everyone!! I am not opposed to homes that are being rehabbed. Or actually thinking also of homes around Greenville that have been established...single story with a moderate size yard. Could be built in the 90' or early 2000's
I do not have a huge budget hopefully max out at 300,000 but prefer below. If I bought a new house i think Simpsonville seems to be where it is at! What are the areas in Greenville to look at for established neighborhood with ranch style homes? Or are their new houses being built in Greenville? Thanks!

Old 07-27-2020, 10:13 PM

334 posts, read 588,002 times
have you thought about a 55 plus community? We lived in Bluffton SC for a bit and really liked it. Greenville might be a bit busy for you? There are two 55+ places in the bluffton area, one is sun city and I can't think of the name of the other one. sun city and the other have a very active lifestyle , I liked the other,one, better, smaller community feel, cleaner area. Just a suggestion.

Old 07-28-2020, 01:38 AM

457 posts, read 929,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biondadiva View Post
Thanks All for the great answers everyone!! I am not opposed to homes that are being rehabbed. Or actually thinking also of homes around Greenville that have been established...single story with a moderate size yard. Could be built in the 90' or early 2000's
I do not have a huge budget hopefully max out at 300,000 but prefer below. If I bought a new house i think Simpsonville seems to be where it is at! What are the areas in Greenville to look at for established neighborhood with ranch style homes? Or are their new houses being built in Greenville? Thanks!

I recently moved into Standing Springs Estates, which is an established neighborhood with ranch and 2-story homes. Homes are from the late 1990s. It's a nice, quiet, mostly older community that has been very welcoming. It may be just what you're looking for.

Old 08-08-2020, 10:43 PM

Sounds like a great community and I looked it up! That does look like what I may be looking for. Not a lot of houses for sale in there but there is a few. Is there an HOA in there. Is there any new communities being built right around you in this area?
Thanks for all the great answers!
!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area