Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2021, 08:02 PM

5,159 posts, read 7,349,998 times

Advertisements

I have looked for any BI-LO labeled products to purchase as a keepsake souvenir, but forgot most house brands have been replaced with the generic Southeastern Grocers label. Probably the same at Winn-Dixie as well, except for the Chek Cola. But I did decide to purchase 2 bottles of Aunt Jemima syrup, since that product is apparently being renamed and phased out. That may become a collectible someday, but soon to be a relic of the past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2021, 08:10 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,210,913 times
Ten years ago I was in south Fla and headed straight to a WD to buy Georgia Crackers, Deep South Mayo and similar. A manager just shook his head and said they had been phased out a couple years back

Old 03-11-2021, 08:19 PM

5,159 posts, read 7,349,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckee16 View Post
Ten years ago I was in south Fla and headed straight to a WD to buy Georgia Crackers, Deep South Mayo and similar. A manager just shook his head and said they had been phased out a couple years back
I remember some of the Winn-Dixie labels were Superbrand and possibly Laura Lynn or something similar. But I think Laura Lynn may now be an Ingle's brand. But they did keep Chek Cola and also offered it at BI-LO.

Old 03-11-2021, 09:37 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,010,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I remember some of the Winn-Dixie labels were Superbrand and possibly Laura Lynn or something similar. But I think Laura Lynn may now be an Ingle's brand. But they did keep Chek Cola and also offered it at BI-LO.
Laura Lynn has always been Ingles private label not Winn Dixie. Laura Lynn is the name of Ingles founder Robert "Bob" Ingle's daughter. Products were named after her.

Thrifty Maid and Prestige were Winn Dixie legacy labels also. Southeastern Grocers kept Prestige, Chek and Fisherman's Wharf all former WD labels and used them at Bi-Lo. Southern Home was Bi-Lo's private label before the merger with Winn Dixie.

Last edited by vistatiger; 03-11-2021 at 09:49 PM..

Old 03-13-2021, 04:23 PM

Regarding posts above regarding Food Lion picking up the TR store recently it looks like they have posted positions for Gresham Plaza @ 120 Hwy 14 in Simpsonville as well. Neither of those stores were on the acquisition list last summer.

Old 03-14-2021, 07:58 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,781,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Regarding posts above regarding Food Lion picking up the TR store recently it looks like they have posted positions for Gresham Plaza @ 120 Hwy 14 in Simpsonville as well. Neither of those stores were on the acquisition list last summer.
Great news. Must have a good deal on these locations. Maybe they’ll pick them all up.

Old 03-14-2021, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Great news. Must have a good deal on these locations. Maybe they’ll pick them all up.
I checked some of the others like Mauldin and Powdersville on the Food Lion careers site. Nothing posted on those yet. They do have job openings posted recently for Clinton too which wasn't on the original list. Someone was asking previously about that store.

Old 03-14-2021, 08:39 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,871,621 times
Quote:
I checked some of the others like Mauldin and Powdersville on the Food Lion careers site. Nothing posted on those. They do have job openings posted recently for Clinton too which wasn't on the original list. Someone was asking previously about that store.
That a big win/win for Clinton!

Old 03-15-2021, 04:15 AM

1,002 posts, read 1,049,178 times
Quote:
Giving Food Lion 4 stores with a Simpsonville zip code. The Gresham Plaza store has posted a closing date of April 11th and a sign stating “all sales are final” The Walmart Neighborhood Market has done well in absence of any competition. FL has long coveted the upstate market, and it will interesting how they are received going forward

Old 03-15-2021, 04:41 AM

50,342 posts, read 63,918,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmike View Post
It’s been discussed else where, Food Lion will be acquiring that store so nothing too exciting.
We have had both BiLo and Food Lion here, and Food Lion is way better, as far as pricing and quality. What’s happening to OP is a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area