Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2021, 06:08 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,844,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Well, yes and no.

Roadside trash, for example, is greater along 385 mainly near each county line, and comes from those entering the county. This was discussed at a counsel meeting several years ago. There tends to be larger piles of trash around the whole county, mostly more rural areas, and the sheriff has done a great job of cleaning these places up, at a minimum cost to tax payers using inmates. So, you can call and report it, but it has to be a large pile before something gets done.. One thing Ive noticed in the last few years, there seems to be more trash build up on just about every road I travel in the county, and I blame 2 things, tighter restrictions at the container sites, and more mowing on the sides of the roads exposing more trash.
Who exactly do you call in Laurens County to report massive roadside dumping? I have only found dead emails and phones nobody answers.

There is an unmistakable, bold difference I see in roadside trash when I cross from Greenville County into Laurens County.

The images below are from South Nelson Drive, it's about two miles like this and it's been like this for months. Maybe 150 feet of this road is in Greenville County (according to Google Maps) so I reported it to them and they said they would refer it to Laurens County as they are 95% of that road. And nothing has been done.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2021, 06:47 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,788,725 times
Sadly there are sections of roads in Greenville County that look just as bad as that. Drive along Standing Springs, McCall, and Ashmore Bridge Roads sometime. You’ll see plenty of it.

Old 01-29-2021, 07:31 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,879,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsteve View Post
Who exactly do you call in Laurens County to report massive roadside dumping? I have only found dead emails and phones nobody answers.

There is an unmistakable, bold difference I see in roadside trash when I cross from Greenville County into Laurens County.

The images below are from South Nelson Drive, it's about two miles like this and it's been like this for months. Maybe 150 feet of this road is in Greenville County (according to Google Maps) so I reported it to them and they said they would refer it to Laurens County as they are 95% of that road. And nothing has been done.

Call the sheriffs office. When did you take those pics?

Like I said, at the ends of 385. Cant really blame the county for that whe nit comes from someone in Greenville County.

Old 01-29-2021, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Call the sheriffs office. When did you take those pics?

Like I said, at the ends of 385. Cant really blame the county for that whe nit comes from someone in Greenville County.
Took them maybe a week ago. Drove past this morning and it's the same.

Usually there's a lot more morning commuting traffic heading north to Greenville County than heading south to Laurens County. I really doubt slobs dropping trash out their car are really thinking about what county they are in.

I just reported this on the LCSO website, we'll see what happens.

Old 01-29-2021, 07:49 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,879,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsteve View Post
Took them maybe a week ago. Drove past this morning and it's the same.

Usually there's a lot more morning commuting traffic heading north to Greenville County than heading south to Laurens County. I really doubt slobs dropping trash out their car are really thinking about what county they are in.

I just reported this on the LCSO website, we'll see what happens.
Good deal!! Thats over there next to Yangfen isnt it?

Old 02-24-2021, 03:29 PM

Went down the road next to my neighborhood and picked up trash this morning. 14 bags total. Noticed several citizens picked up trash along Standing Springs Road recently also.

Old 02-24-2021, 09:49 PM

Inmates picked up trash along Pelham Road today also. Now if somebody would just do something about the litter along the interstates and Highway 153...

Last edited by g-man430; 02-24-2021 at 10:29 PM..

Old 02-24-2021, 09:59 PM

1,434 posts, read 666,676 times
Here in WI also.
A guy in front of me on the highway threw a bunch of fast food garbage out the window the other day. I blasted my horn at him but I doubt if he cared.

Old 02-24-2021, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny3 View Post
Here in WI also.
A guy in front of me on the highway threw a bunch of fast food garbage out the window the other day. I blasted my horn at him but I doubt if he cared.
Sadly it appears Covid is a big reason for the increased litter throughout the country due to less people picking up trash and more take out items happening at restaurants: https://www.wjcl.com/article/covid-1...ction/35507558

Old 02-25-2021, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Sadly it appears Covid is a big reason for the increased litter throughout the country due to less people picking up trash and more take out items happening at restaurants: https://www.wjcl.com/article/covid-1...ction/35507558
We need to start imprisoning the people who dump trash on the roads. Then we'd have more prison labor to clean the roadsides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area