Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 11:19 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,682,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcadianIrish View Post
Thanks Sonrise! I'm hoping it'll be "our home" too! I have a pretty good feeling about it!

Where did you live in Canada?
Guelph, Ont. for a very brief period in the early 90's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 11:27 PM

354 posts, read 1,073,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
check me out at Takosushi right near the corner of mcbee and main (not too far from your hotel) and make sure to say hi! I love to meet new people(i'll be the only Caucasian behind the sushi bar) just ask for Noodles my boss knows my nickname also you can check our restaurant out at whatsgoingongreenville.com in the restaurant section, which is a relatively new site, but gives some good info!
Thanks Noodles.......I just might do that......so if you hear a woman asking "aboot" you........you'll know it's me....."eh"!

Old 06-11-2008, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Guelph, Ont. for a very brief period in the early 90's.
Cool. I've never been to Guelph. I'm from further east. New Brunswick. Hope you enjoyed your "Canadian experience"..........

Old 06-12-2008, 12:06 AM

Ok......I just went on that website you recommended Noodles! Cool restaurant you work at!

When we move there in the middle of August......I really think we are going to have to find a babysitter right away so we can start checking out some of these awesome places on a Friday or Saturday night!
Greenville looks "right up my alley"

Old 06-12-2008, 02:52 AM

5,518 posts, read 15,286,804 times
Quote:
Well folks, my flight is booked and I arrive in Greenville on June 19th to do some house hunting and check my new city out!!!
Great to hear this! What an exciting prospect to anticipate.

Quote:
We are going to be staying at the Hyatt in Downtown Greenville since my husband's employer recommended it and also wanted us there for some "business" dinners with some VIPS who are also in town that weekend.
Already planned! Sounds like you will be well taken care of.

Quote:
I know there are a TON of great restaurants in the downtown, but is there ONE I should absolutely go to during our short trip?? I want a place to go that we can enjoy a semi-casual environment, dinner and stay for drinks. Not feel like we have to "jump up" and leave after dinner is over. Live music would be nice.
You are correct - there are many great places to dine, some of which meet all of your criteria. If I had to recommend one restaurant to you today, it would likely be High Cotton Maverick Bar & Grill (http://www.mavericksouthernkitchens.com/highcotton_gv/index.html - broken link). Other immediate possibilities would be, The Lazy Goat and Devereaux's. For a lighter meal and live music, you might enjoy The Brown Street Club.

Quote:
That outdoor music is every Friday night, am I correct? We will certainly be checking out that...
Yes, that is Main Street Jazz. Other live outdoor concert events downtown will happen on Thursday.

Be sure to take in a home baseball game at Fluor Field. Friday evening will be free* family fireworks at the ballpark, always fantastic. (*With the purchase of a ticket. Tickets are $8 for seats and $5 for lawn and deck.)

On Saturday you may want to take an hour or two to peruse the local produce and other fare available at the Saturday Market.

Quote:
Also........what can anyone tell me about the "Pebble Creek Golf Course" neighbourhood? It's not in my target area, but I really like a few houses in there!
Pebble Creek is a nice established neighborhood. The main negative element there is its lack of nearby interstate access. This may not be a problem for your family though.

Old 06-12-2008, 02:59 AM

33 posts, read 117,212 times
When I travel somewhere for the first time, I enjoy hitting several restaurant bars, ordering and appetizer and cocktail and then moving on. It's a good way to get a feel for a few places and check out the menus. Don't worry, no one will rush you out of a restaraunt here.
If you are looking for someplace quieter try Addy's Dutch Cafe on Coffee St. It's a classic.
BTW definately look at Pebble Creek. It's older so has trees and is convenient. Where will hubby's work be located?

Old 06-12-2008, 03:51 PM

511 posts, read 1,517,008 times
Default welcome

Congratulations on picking Sheri!! We are in the same office & best of friends and I know you will find her as awesome as I do. Welcome and I know Sheri will work hard to find what you are looking for.

You may want to eat at High Cotton as well.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgriss View Post
Congratulations on picking Sheri!! We are in the same office & best of friends and I know you will find her as awesome as I do. Welcome and I know Sheri will work hard to find what you are looking for.

You may want to eat at High Cotton as well.
Thanks pgriss.......yeah.....Sheri has been really sweet and helpful so far! I'm sure it will be a great experience!

Old 06-12-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by local67 View Post
When I travel somewhere for the first time, I enjoy hitting several restaurant bars, ordering and appetizer and cocktail and then moving on. It's a good way to get a feel for a few places and check out the menus. Don't worry, no one will rush you out of a restaraunt here.
If you are looking for someplace quieter try Addy's Dutch Cafe on Coffee St. It's a classic.
BTW definately look at Pebble Creek. It's older so has trees and is convenient. Where will hubby's work be located?
Thanks for the suggestions.
Hubby will be working near St. Joseph's Catholic School, off I85. (near Mauldin)
We were going to focus on Simpsonville/Greer (Eastside) for easier and shorter commute for school and work but a couple homes in Linkside 3 caught my eye. I think maybe I should forget about them though.....I might regret going too far from our target area with the cost of fuel now-a-days!

Old 06-12-2008, 11:30 PM

835 posts, read 2,296,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
check me out at Takosushi right near the corner of mcbee and main (not too far from your hotel) and make sure to say hi! I love to meet new people(i'll be the only Caucasian behind the sushi bar) just ask for Noodles my boss knows my nickname also you can check our restaurant out at whatsgoingongreenville.com in the restaurant section, which is a relatively new site, but gives some good info!
Hey Noodles, I think you might want to delete this post because there are a lot of weirdos out there that might stalk you or something. I'm not trying to be weird, I'm just saying...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area