Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 08:39 PM

642 posts, read 2,080,921 times

Advertisements

Are you in SC yet? If so I hope you are having a good time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 09:19 PM

82 posts, read 195,921 times
I agree that Pebble Creek may be a bit far for your husband's job. You may want to check out Mauldin and Powdersville. We are in Powdersville and my oldest goes to the other private school near St. Jo's and it is about 7 miles and takes me 10 minutes to get there. We liked a lot of houses in Simpsonville but my husband hated the traffic on Woodruff. The longer we have been here (2 years) the happier I am that I only have to deal with the taffic there when I want to. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the downtown resturants but I like Sassafrass, Soby's and The Lazy Goat for more casual dining and I love Deveraux's and High Cotton when we want to get a little fancier. Also if you do any dining out of downtown and near Woodruff I highly recommend Azia and The Blue Fire Grill. Have fun on your trip! My in-laws are arriving tonight and closing on a house in Pebble Creek tomorrow, we convinced lifelong Hoosiers to move.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:05 PM

354 posts, read 1,073,441 times
Well "ya'll"..........I'm HERE!!!!!!!!!! and I LOVE it!!!!

I knew I would! My husband loves it too!

We ate at Sticky Fingers last night cause we just had to try the ribs and wings.........it was yummy!

Today we spent the day driving around looking at houses with Sheri Sanders. She is awesome! Loved her! Thanks Sheri!
We found some great homes, especially near the Griffith Park and River WAlk area. We are taking the day off tomorrow from house hunting and just hanging out with the new employer.....company picnic, boating and dinner at in the evening.

The Hyatt is great. Listened to the live Jazz tonight in front of the hotel. Could have sworn I picked out a fella who could have been "Skyliner" and even got up the nerve to ask him.......of course.......he said he wasn't.........but I'm not convinced you would have told me even if it was you......would you have Skyliner?? hummm.....LOL
I think the "secrerey" is part of the allure for you?? haha...........
Anyhow.........if it WAS you.........it was me.........AcadianIrish.......with the brown t-shirt and white capris. LOL

Noodles.......I walked by the Sushi restaurant and peered into the windows. It was packed. I saw two Caucasian guys working. One was serving one looked like he might have been behind the bar. We didn't go in but maybe we will before we leave.

We ate at Smoke on the Water tonight. Sat outside. The temperature and enivornoment was awesome!! There was some live music......bango/guitar player with his daughter singing........right up my husband's alley!!

Christopher.........thanks for all the videos!!! You can ask Sheri, but I felt like I had already been at a lot of these places she brought me too today, probably from driving around with you on your videos!

Well, to end for tonight...........just to let you all know........Greenville is every bit as nice as you all describe..........and BETTER in person!!!!!!!!!!!!

We LOVE it!!
I'll keep you posted!!

Old 06-20-2008, 10:27 PM

Well sounds like you are having a good time here. Im happy you end up likeing it I was sure you would I mean it is greenville who is not going to like it lol.. Hope you have a great time tomorrow on the boat. Going too be nice and warm so will be a good day for it. And you are welcome no need to thank me.

Old 06-21-2008, 01:23 PM

282 posts, read 748,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcadianIrish View Post
Well "ya'll"..........I'm HERE!!!!!!!!!! and I LOVE it!!!!

I knew I would! My husband loves it too!

We ate at Sticky Fingers last night cause we just had to try the ribs and wings.........it was yummy!

Today we spent the day driving around looking at houses with Sheri Sanders. She is awesome! Loved her! Thanks Sheri!
We found some great homes, especially near the Griffith Park and River WAlk area. We are taking the day off tomorrow from house hunting and just hanging out with the new employer.....company picnic, boating and dinner at in the evening.

The Hyatt is great. Listened to the live Jazz tonight in front of the hotel. Could have sworn I picked out a fella who could have been "Skyliner" and even got up the nerve to ask him.......of course.......he said he wasn't.........but I'm not convinced you would have told me even if it was you......would you have Skyliner?? hummm.....LOL
I think the "secrerey" is part of the allure for you?? haha...........
Anyhow.........if it WAS you.........it was me.........AcadianIrish.......with the brown t-shirt and white capris. LOL

Noodles.......I walked by the Sushi restaurant and peered into the windows. It was packed. I saw two Caucasian guys working. One was serving one looked like he might have been behind the bar. We didn't go in but maybe we will before we leave.

We ate at Smoke on the Water tonight. Sat outside. The temperature and enivornoment was awesome!! There was some live music......bango/guitar player with his daughter singing........right up my husband's alley!!

Christopher.........thanks for all the videos!!! You can ask Sheri, but I felt like I had already been at a lot of these places she brought me too today, probably from driving around with you on your videos!

Well, to end for tonight...........just to let you all know........Greenville is every bit as nice as you all describe..........and BETTER in person!!!!!!!!!!!!

We LOVE it!!
I'll keep you posted!!
AcadianIrish, You and your husband are also great I think you're awesome too! And yes, Christopher, she mentioned you several times. Your videos helped me to do my job. Thank you very much

Old 06-21-2008, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheri Sanders View Post
AcadianIrish, You and your husband are also great I think you're awesome too! And yes, Christopher, she mentioned you several times. Your videos helped me to do my job. Thank you very much
Well that means a lot im happy I could be of some help too you.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:37 PM

354 posts, read 1,073,441 times
Yeah, it was funny! Sheri would turn down a road and I would say.....Christopher has a video of this! I remember this! haha

Just to update you all. We decided to wait on buying a house until we get there. We secured some temp housing for now that we can pay month to month so it will be easier to house hunt once the kids get settled in school, etc.

I'm safely back home in Canada now for the summer.........so I probably won't be on here as much since we don't have a computer at the cottage but I will check in from time to time!
ta ta for now!!

Sheri, thanks for the loan of your GPS! It was a lifesaver! Glad you got it back safely from the hotel!

Old 06-24-2008, 08:43 PM

282 posts, read 748,217 times
Quote:
Yeah, it was funny! Sheri would turn down a road and I would say.....Christopher has a video of this! I remember this! haha

Just to update you all. We decided to wait on buying a house until we get there. We secured some temp housing for now that we can pay month to month so it will be easier to house hunt once the kids get settled in school, etc.

I'm safely back home in Canada now for the summer.........so I probably won't be on here as much since we don't have a computer at the cottage but I will check in from time to time!
ta ta for now!!

Sheri, thanks for the loan of your GPS! It was a lifesaver! Glad you got it back safely from the hotel!
You are very welcome! I don't think you could have gotten around the area without it. I'm glad to see that you secured temporary housing. I will talk with you when you get here.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:15 PM

Quote:

ta ta for now!!

Lol thats funny But happy I was a help on your search for a home. And all so happy you liked it here. You will have to start a new thread and let us all know what you liked about it the most here and what you found maybe not all that great. Injoy the rest of your summer back home in Canada
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area