Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 12:30 AM

26 posts, read 154,991 times

Advertisements

for anyone who wonders what the main attraction is in Gaffney, the Peachoid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 12:39 AM

642 posts, read 2,081,703 times
I do have to admit I have drove all that way a couple of times to go to this place right next too the outlet stores to get strawberrys. Don't rem the name of the place it is a new place but they have the best ones. But it is kind of a far drive just for that. But my brother lives in Earl NC so I go up that way often.

Old 06-14-2008, 12:48 AM

26 posts, read 154,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherinsc26 View Post
I do have to admit I have drove all that way a couple of times to go to this place right next too the outlet stores to get strawberrys. Don't rem the name of the place it is a new place but they have the best ones. But it is kind of a far drive just for that. But my brother lives in Earl NC so I go up that way often.
Don't go that far for strawberries. Take 85 to 290, the 290 in the direction of Woodruff. Go past Riverfalls, Publix and stuff. Once you pass that go about 1 mile to Anderson Mill Road on the left. Follow it to Anderson Dairy farm, best Strawberries ever. They also have some awesome FRESH eggs.

Old 06-14-2008, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP2GP View Post
Don't go that far for strawberries. Take 85 to 290, the 290 in the direction of Woodruff. Go past Riverfalls, Publix and stuff. Once you pass that go about 1 mile to Anderson Mill Road on the left. Follow it to Anderson Dairy farm, best Strawberries ever. They also have some awesome FRESH eggs.
Cool will have too check them out. Lol here I go again I'm never good on rem names of places lol But they do have a place in simpsonville Next too them little shops on main street. You will see like dog houses out there for sale and stuff. Well any ways they sell Jams and stuff like that. They even held a concert out there a few ago. It was a blue grass group some kids from a church. It was pretty good. But any ways they have some good Jams if anyone is looking for them. When im out tomorrow I will try to rem too look at the name of the place.

Old 06-15-2008, 06:24 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,886,345 times
Quote:
for anyone who wonders what the main attraction is in Gaffney, the Peachoid.
This picture is old! It now has a FATS right next to it!

Old 06-15-2008, 08:59 PM

36 posts, read 220,277 times
I'm not sure what type of life you're used to, but it's very slow and laid back in Gaffney....and IMO, it's pretty slow and laid back in all of the upstate...compared to where I've lived before. Anyway, the people are very nice and friendly, but if you want more to do you definitely want to live in Spartanburg or Greenville and commute to Gaffney. Greenville is very, very nice. You might even consider living somewhere in NC. The commute on I-85 is terrible (there are no safe shortcuts and the back roads are even worse), there are a lot of speeding trucks and cars, cars that are going too slow in the fast lane, tailgating, as well as some animals every once in a while so be careful.
Honestly, after living in the upstate and commuting to Gaffney for a year, all I can say is thank God I got out of there!!!!!!!! I hated it, but hopefully it will be a better experience for you, and at least you'll have your family there.

Last edited by pgirl07; 06-15-2008 at 09:53 PM..

Old 06-17-2008, 10:46 AM

12 posts, read 43,308 times
Thank you all so much for your replies! The thing is, we really want to live in the same town my husband works in (right now, he's got a 45 minute commute, and we hate it). We want to live somewhere he can make it home for lunch (and maybe even lunch). What exactly is Gaffney like? Does it have any kind of downtown? Parks/playgrounds? Can you walk places or do you have to drive every place you go? Is there a grocery store in town? What's the cost of living like? Does it have any major pollution problems? Sorry to sound so stupid about all this, but I really can't find any information on this place. We're looking for a "small town" , but I guess I'm wondering just how "small" Gaffney is!

Old 06-17-2008, 11:25 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,721,215 times
Quote:
I use to stop and get chow chow at Abbot's farms right off I-85 up near Gaffney, good stuff. They've got all kinds of stuff there.

Old 06-17-2008, 11:28 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,721,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningbecomeseclectic View Post
Thank you all so much for your replies! The thing is, we really want to live in the same town my husband works in (right now, he's got a 45 minute commute, and we hate it). We want to live somewhere he can make it home for lunch (and maybe even lunch). What exactly is Gaffney like? Does it have any kind of downtown? Parks/playgrounds? Can you walk places or do you have to drive every place you go? Is there a grocery store in town? What's the cost of living like? Does it have any major pollution problems? Sorry to sound so stupid about all this, but I really can't find any information on this place. We're looking for a "small town" , but I guess I'm wondering just how "small" Gaffney is!
I lived there for a year, right off Floyd Baker Blvd. Which from what I can tell is the only type of 'major' road in Gaffney. It's laid back, people are pretty nice, it's also kind of run down, and I think the apartment complex I lived in is one of the only ones in Gaffney. Not sure if they got a movie theater yet. Boiling Springs is only like 15 miutes away.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:05 PM

Not the best of pics but was going by in the car and rem that the only other pic on here was really old. So thought I would post them any ways.

Attached Thumbnails
Gaffney?-img_0933.jpg   Gaffney?-img_0934.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area