Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 04:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,650 times

Advertisements

I have lived in Gaffney my whole life. Let me answer your questions. Unless you live in the college area you have to drive EVERYWHERE! And even in the college area the only things within walking distance are the college, 2 parks, 2 tennis courts, the library and a couple of churches. There is a church on basically every street and there is a total of about 5 grocery stores including walmart. I dont know where they got that the schools are below average, the highschool got palmettos finest a couple years ago and even though I now live in the even smaller town of Blacksburg next to Gaffney( No Walmart!!!) I plan on having my children attend the Gaffney schools. Not much to do in town outside of football season (Go Indians! Beat Burns!) but you can always commute to larger cities around Gaffney. The cost of living is next to nothing, I'm sure much less than what ou're used to. Hope this helps you a little.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 07:10 AM

3 posts, read 15,893 times
You should visit
http://www.gaffneysc.proboards100.com

Old 09-07-2009, 08:07 PM

2 posts, read 3,090 times
Gaffney is a good place to live.I have lived here all my life (wouldnt live anywhere else)...We have grocery stores,banks,restraunts,A walmart,Big Lots,3or 4 dollar generals and a family dollar. We also have an 80 store Prime Outlet Mall...We are not tiny at all geeeez! Oh! we have a movie theatre with a bowling alley inside..All the people are friendly. Gaffney is not ran down at all...We are growing everyday! The cost of living ISNOT expensive at all..IF you want to live somewhere laid back and not in the fast lane ....then i think you will like Gaffney..but if you are into the "fast lane" and want to live somewhere that it takes 30-40 mins to get to the other side of town...then i suggest you find somewhere else to move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area