Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 02:02 PM

354 posts, read 1,073,896 times

Advertisements

Does anyone live in these neighbourhoods or have any comments on them??
We found quite a few interesting homes that fit our criteria, but I'm a little concerned they might be too much of a "country" environment for us? Any opinions? Do they seem like they are "out in the boon-docks"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2008, 11:48 PM

anyone??
g-man.......skyliner......sonrise.....christopher... .noodles....janry.....someone?? anyone....
Throw me something here folks!

Old 06-13-2008, 11:55 PM

642 posts, read 2,081,703 times
I have never seen any of them places. But that don't mean much cause there are so many homes going up I can't keep up lol I will help you scream for help. Some one help the poor lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O) lol Helppppppppppppppppppppp Lets see if it works shall we. :-D

Old 06-13-2008, 11:58 PM

6,888 posts, read 22,434,217 times
Nope.

Where are they AcadianI?

Old 06-14-2008, 12:05 AM

ok for real tho this one called Mahaffey Plantation That one is located between Greer and Simpsonville it says.

Picturing Mahaffey Plantation's relaxed country setting, you might expect it to be far away from life's daily necessities, with a lengthy commute to work, shopping, schools or local functions. Yet, located between Greer and Simpsonville in eastern Greenville, County, Mahaffey Plantation is a quiet, wooded retreat that offers fast, easy access to business and recreation: Just five or six minutes from Michelin North America's corporate headquarters, Interstate 85, and restaurant row; a 10-minute drive to Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport, and Haywood Mall; and less than 15 minutes to downtown, the Bi-Lo Center, and the Peace Center for the Performing Arts.

And I found that on Mahaffey Plantation, Simpsonville, Greenville, SC - New Neighborhood

Old 06-14-2008, 12:06 AM

So that one don't sound like you would be too far away from everything

Old 06-14-2008, 12:20 AM

And the other one it says it is located right next too it. So neither one really sounds like you would be out in the middle of no where. I already wrote this once but it never did show up on my end. So if this comes out twice. Just ignore it lol

Old 06-14-2008, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherinsc26 View Post
ok for real tho this one called Mahaffey Plantation That one is located between Greer and Simpsonville it says.

Picturing Mahaffey Plantation's relaxed country setting, you might expect it to be far away from life's daily necessities, with a lengthy commute to work, shopping, schools or local functions. Yet, located between Greer and Simpsonville in eastern Greenville, County, Mahaffey Plantation is a quiet, wooded retreat that offers fast, easy access to business and recreation: Just five or six minutes from Michelin North America's corporate headquarters, Interstate 85, and restaurant row; a 10-minute drive to Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport, and Haywood Mall; and less than 15 minutes to downtown, the Bi-Lo Center, and the Peace Center for the Performing Arts.

And I found that on Mahaffey Plantation, Simpsonville, Greenville, SC - New Neighborhood

Well, Thank you Christopher! A true young southern gentleman coming to my rescue.

As I was reading what you wrote.....I was thinking......wow......he really has a way with words. Maybe he should be in marketing.....then I realized........you got it from the website! haha

I mapquested it and did a google street search a few days ago. It seems like a nice area just off the beaten track.
I wish someone had "firsthand" experience with the place though. It always nice to get someone opinion who lives there.

Old 06-14-2008, 06:58 AM

65 posts, read 202,714 times
I looked at a few houses there a couple of months ago. I liked the ones with wooded backyards, but none of them were for sale at the time. Most of the homes don't have many trees, as I recall (they were built in open farm fields) and being new subdivisions, it will be awhile until they look more mature. One of the available houses had a perfect layout for us, but it would have needed a LOT of landscaping. In the end we decided it was a bit too far from DH's work (Fluor). The agent thought we were nuts for not wanting to drive more than about 10 minutes, but we're so glad we stuck to that decision. We're done with our commuting days!

Old 06-14-2008, 10:18 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,685,225 times
AI,
Haven't been to Mahaffey yet, but about two weeks ago we drove through GF and all I can say, is WOW! We didn't get to spend too much time driving through because it was getting late and it was past Sophia's bedtime. It's not far @ all from ammenities, Bloom which is kind of an upscale grocery store is only about 5 minutes away. I really like GF and another development right next to it called Fox Farm, I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area