Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 01:40 PM

606 posts, read 1,394,463 times

Advertisements

We like The Coach House in Simpsonville.

Old 06-16-2008, 12:05 PM

11,689 posts, read 24,651,337 times
I didn't know staying healthy and fit was a crime. Sorry for being smart. Just telling the truth p2y2r7o and solostar. People that eat this fatty stuff day in and day out usually get obesity which leads to an increased chance of a stroke, heart attack, etc. Go ask any doctor if you don't believe me. Oh and when they have to go to the hospital from it and don't have the money to pay the medical bills guess who gets to pay for it? You and me do with our tax dollars.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:02 PM

5,518 posts, read 15,289,849 times
G-man is entitled to share his opinion of these places. I may be in the minority, but I agree with him about their unhealthy nature. They aren't all clones of one another, but each serves up its share of grease on the side (and in the middle), some serve more than others. The Beacon needs a graveyard out front in memory of the countless heart attacks it has likely caused over the decades. I have been amazed DHEC allows that disgusting place to remain open - not only because of the obesity and heart attacks, but also because of the filthy state of its kitchen and employees.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
G-man is entitled to share his opinion of these places. I may be in the minority, but I agree with him about their unhealthy nature. They aren't all clones of one another, but each serves up its share of grease on the side (and in the middle), some serve more than others. The Beacon needs a graveyard out front in memory of the countless heart attacks it has likely caused over the decades. I have been amazed DHEC allows that disgusting place to remain open - not only because of the obesity and heart attacks, but also because of the filthy state of its kitchen and employees.
Thank you Skyliner. Sorry if I sounded mean. That wasn't my intention at all. Gas prices have everybody in a pissy mood. LOL.

Old 06-16-2008, 02:17 PM

642 posts, read 2,081,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Thank you Skyliner. Sorry if I sounded mean. That wasn't my intention at all. Gas prices have everybody in a pissy mood. LOL.
lol sorry that was just funny to me

Old 06-16-2008, 08:03 PM

617 posts, read 2,564,781 times
Quote:
No one here claimed that the food is healthy. I'm sure everyone here knows the risk in eating greasy foods, including me. There's no way I would eat at The Clock everyday, but I go every now and then for no reason other than it's good (obviously that's an opinion, so let's not go anywhere with that).

Old 06-16-2008, 08:18 PM

This thread reminds me of the Waffle House. I'm not sure why either. Oh wait now I remember:
YouTube - The Waffle House Chronicles, Greenville, SC

Old 06-16-2008, 08:30 PM

85 posts, read 431,134 times
I'm scared to even look. I lubbs the Waffle House. I might not be able to take the shock.

Quote:
This thread reminds me of the Waffle House. I'm not sure why either. Oh wait now I remember:
YouTube - The Waffle House Chronicles, Greenville, SC

Old 06-16-2008, 10:37 PM

5,518 posts, read 15,289,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloStar View Post
Skyliner, we all agree with the truth in what g-man said. But, this thread was not the time or place for that discussion. People were just having harmless fun and here he comes with his crap just to be a shytstarter. I don't appreciate it.
Actually, it does seem to be an appropriate place to discuss both pros and cons regarding these places. I am unsure why there is a need to be offended by someone sharing an opposing perspective that is clearly on topic. I wanted to post my opinion of these places when this thread was originally started, but held back - a little too late apparently.

Quote:
Then when is the time and place for discussion of it? If people want to say how they feel about these places then that's their right. This thread is about those restaurants and not everybody feels they are great including me. You have a right to say they are good just as we have the right to say they are bad.
I cannot find fault with this post. Everyone has an opinion about certain restaurants, therefore clashes between dynamically opposing experiences should be no surprise in this type of discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloStar View Post
You were out of line because nobody asked to be judged by you.
I did not see any attempt initially made to judge anyone. G-man simply stated his opinion, including a bit of well-documented healthy incentive supporting his viewpoint. Again, no need to be offended by that.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:22 AM
Yac

6,049 posts, read 7,692,694 times
Quote:
Actually, it does seem to be an appropriate place to discuss both pros and cons regarding these places. I am unsure why there is a need to be offended by someone sharing an opposing perspective that is clearly on topic. I wanted to post my opinion of these places when this thread was originally started, but held back - a little too late apparently.

I cannot find fault with this post. Everyone has an opinion about certain restaurants, therefore clashes between dynamically opposing experiences should be no surprise in this type of discussion.

I did not see any attempt initially made to judge anyone. G-man simply stated his opinion, including a bit of well-documented healthy incentive supporting his viewpoint. Again, no need to be offended by that.
I agree 100%.

After 24 posts of mostly 2 of you (you know who) going back and forth all I can say is: GROW UP.
Please.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area