Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 05:40 PM

85 posts, read 431,134 times

Advertisements

Have y'all newcomers (hehe, j/k) discovered Pete's and Petee's yet? What about Carolina Drive-In or The Clock(s)? Kosta's? Apollo King? Hot Dog King or my personal favorite, Carolina Fine Food? Any opinions?

Slurrrp!

Old 06-13-2008, 10:21 PM
B&R

148 posts, read 314,555 times
I am not a newcomer, but we usually go to the Clock on Wade Hampton these days. It is a good one. When I was a kid we stopped at Pete's downtown (I forget the number) or Tanner's Big Orange before they moved. I still like Tanner's Big Orange but it is just out of the way now.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:28 PM

26 posts, read 154,973 times
If you like those kinds of places, the Beacon in Spartanburg is a must do.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:08 PM

642 posts, read 2,081,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP2GP View Post
The Beacon is for sure Some place you need to go if you have not! I like to go too the Clock I go too the one in moonville most of the time. I do like Pete's There is all so this mexican place in Mauldin. I can't rem the name of it for the life of me. But they are like right when you come over the bridge when coming from simpsonville. It is a buffet type place never that many people there but I go there often as well. And of corse since I work at Country Earls Celbration place I have too put that one in there too lol...

Old 06-13-2008, 11:09 PM

Ohh, I could kick myself for forgetting Tanner's Big Orange! I didn't know they moved, though. Where did they go?

I wish Carpenter's Drugstore was still open. My mom took me to have my very first cherry Coke there (homemade) when I was little, and we had lunch there too. The older gentleman who was always there was always nice to me. I have good memories of that place and I was really sad when it closed.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:13 PM

I will be sure to go when I get back. I pick the local "burger joints" over the chains every time... they don't know anything about toasting buns like the local restaurants, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP2GP View Post

Old 06-13-2008, 11:16 PM

Is that Clock the one across from the little plaza with the Ingles and Family Dollar, right on the other side of the connector? If that's the one you're talking about, I've been there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherinsc26 View Post
The Beacon is for sure Some place you need to go if you have not! I like to go too the Clock I go too the one in moonville most of the time. I do like Pete's There is all so this mexican place in Mauldin. I can't rem the name of it for the life of me. But they are like right when you come over the bridge when coming from simpsonville. It is a buffet type place never that many people there but I go there often as well. And of corse since I work at Country Earls Celbration place I have too put that one in there too lol...

Old 06-13-2008, 11:29 PM

642 posts, read 2,081,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloStar View Post
Is that Clock the one across from the little plaza with the Ingles and Family Dollar, right on the other side of the connector? If that's the one you're talking about, I've been there.
Yeah it is the one right across from Ingles They have pretty good food I use too go there about every day after work when I worked over there. I use too always get the chilly cheese Burger With Frys with gravy on top of them mmmm I know not very healthy lol But they have good chicken finger salad too lol.

Old 06-14-2008, 12:25 AM

Yeah, they do have good food; and it can easily become habit forming, as you have just demonstrated so well, LOL. Plus, I've never gotten bad service from them, either. Err... I think the fried chicken fingers in the salad cancels out the nutritional benefits of the rabbit food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherinsc26 View Post
Yeah it is the one right across from Ingles They have pretty good food I use too go there about every day after work when I worked over there. I use too always get the chilly cheese Burger With Frys with gravy on top of them mmmm I know not very healthy lol But they have good chicken finger salad too lol.

Old 06-14-2008, 12:34 AM

26 posts, read 154,973 times
If you make it to the Beacon, make sure you order your sandwich-a-plenty. Then go to the ice cream bar and get a pigs dinner bananna split for dessert(it will feed a family).

Christopher, of the clocks I have been to, Moonville is the best IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area