Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2008, 02:12 AM

75 posts, read 352,049 times

Advertisements

This is mostly to recent graduates of Greenville Tech, or people still enrolled. Im looking for information on a Radio Broadcast course i hear they have their but i cant find any info on their website. Radio Broadcast is my career choice and feel it would be better getting a degree for it to better prepare myself. Anyone got anything for me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 09:58 PM

6,888 posts, read 22,424,110 times
I looked on the Greenville Tech site too and didn't see anything. I once held a broadcasters license in Chicago and Columbia College is the best school of the trade. I would suggest that you try looking for something that you might be able to take online if GTech doesn't have anything. Have you taken any of the licensing exams?

Can you move to Chicago?

Old 06-17-2008, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
I looked on the Greenville Tech site too and didn't see anything. I once held a broadcasters license in Chicago and Columbia College is the best school of the trade. I would suggest that you try looking for something that you might be able to take online if GTech doesn't have anything. Have you taken any of the licensing exams?

Can you move to Chicago?
Havent taken any yet...do you have to take them before you enter college for it? And i highly doubt i can move to chicago, im sure the price of living out there is nearly twice what it is hereand im not planning on working much while in college. Small part time job

Old 06-17-2008, 10:11 PM

I would imagine that classes would prepare you for the exams and maybe even administer them. As I remember (35-years ago) there were 3 levels of exams and each gave you more responsibility at the station. As I recall a Class III (which I had) virtually gave no responsibility at all...you could be on the air but someone had to be onsite that had a higher license. Maybe that's all changed in the years.

Did you take broadcasting in high school? That is where I decided broadcasting wasn't in my future. Do you want to be "on air" or behind the scenes? Do you know what your voice sounds like over the airwaves? The voice is what did me in!

Do you have a favorite dj in the area? Maybe you can call and ask their advice; maybe send an email to inquire? Most dj's are very friendly and I can't imagine they wouldn't respond.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:06 AM

Id like to have my own show, where im on air and choose the songs to play. For a few reasons, mostly cause i wanna get all the crap off the radio, and 2 cause its what i wanna do to get my music career launched and figure it would be better to actually start in an area of the music business.(radio host=meet with big names in the industry=eaiser way to climb the ladder and end up getting signed)

Old 06-18-2008, 12:42 PM

Maybe i should just call or go up there? Cause i mean they dont have it on the website but ive heard of alot of classes they offer that arent on the website.

Old 06-18-2008, 01:50 PM

That is probably a good idea but I think I would call first. If you are still in high school you should speak with your guidance counselor as well. College is important. Do not limit yourself based on a lack of income. There are lots of scholarships available. My daughter attends Furman and nearly all of her tuition was covered by scholarships last year.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:28 AM

85 posts, read 431,042 times
It's Tri-County Tech over in Pendleton that has the Radio Broadcasting program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Ville_Boy864 View Post
This is mostly to recent graduates of Greenville Tech, or people still enrolled. Im looking for information on a Radio Broadcast course i hear they have their but i cant find any info on their website. Radio Broadcast is my career choice and feel it would be better getting a degree for it to better prepare myself. Anyone got anything for me?

Old 06-19-2008, 11:28 AM

617 posts, read 2,564,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloStar View Post
It's Tri-County Tech over in Pendleton that has the Radio Broadcasting program.
Yup, my aunt went there for tv broadcasting I think (not sure if she went on to Clemson or not) but she works, or did work, for the local tv channel there in Seneca.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:54 AM

Thanks you guys ill look into it, but im really wantin to go to Greenville Tech. If anyone has infro on it please feel more than welcome to let me know or send it to my email at big_whyte25@ballerstatus.net
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area