Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 05:27 PM

5 posts, read 21,791 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone for all your help! We finally found a home in Laurel Meadows - which technically in Greenville but really in the Mauldin area. It seems to be a nice area and there are not too many homes in this subdivision. If anyone else is looking, there are some that have for sale signs ) We move in a month - yea!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 10:34 PM

282 posts, read 748,384 times
Congradulations on finding a home! Welcome to the Upstate of South Carolina. I am sure that you will love living (and playing!) here.

Old 07-17-2008, 12:01 PM

6 posts, read 18,882 times
Does anyone have info on Townes@woodruff Park development in Simpsonville? I will be looking in the Anderson, Easley and Greenville areas as possible retirement place in about a week for a week. We will be coming from New Jersey.
Thanks

Old 08-01-2008, 01:08 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,835,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom6timz View Post
We just bought a nice home in Baywood Place - 4 bedroom 3/4 acre with woods - $135,000 with $3,000 back at closing. Brand new - it's a nice new development.
I haven't been on this board a lot lately, but I just saw this post. Interesting, because I mentioned these listings to a real estate agent last year because of the price. I kept thinking there must be something wrong with the neighborhood. What did your inspector have to say about the quality of construction? I don't need a big home, but I like the idea that some of them offer 1/2 acre or more and back up to woods. Wish I moved a year ago. I've wasted a lot of time & money trying to make a decision, but my biggest fear is not finding employment. The economy can't be much worse than in Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newf26 View Post
There are some we have already ruled out:
Revis Falls
Baywood Place
Dunwoody Oaks
Carrington
Standing Springs Estates
Can you list specific reasons? Dunwoody Oaks has several homes listed and it looks like a nice place to live. Mom6 likes her home in Baywood Place, so I'm curious what turned you off. I want to live in a very quiet community and have some privacy. I'm not so sure one needs to have a lot of money to enjoy those pleasure. I lived in a mobile home park for years and had really nice neighbors. It's always a gamble wherever you move, since you never know what kind of neighbors will be living next to you!

Old 08-04-2008, 07:44 AM

2 posts, read 5,502 times
Default caution

Hey, before I write my response, I must say Greenville/Simpsonville is an amazing place to live, and you will love being there. That being said, I would not buy in Standing Springs Estate or Dunwoody Oaks. They are really crowded and harder to resell. There is a subdivision next to Standing Springs Estates called Foxdale. It is very small comparatively speaking. I lived there 3 years, and when I put my house up for sale, we had 5 offers within the week. This was one year ago. There is no pool, but we still loved it.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:23 AM

183 posts, read 519,356 times
Where in NJ, Bernie? I'm doing the same thing next month!

Old 09-22-2008, 11:50 AM

2 posts, read 7,992 times
Default Simpsonville Subs

There are some decent subs around the Georgia Rd Area near greenville tech braisher campus. They tend to be less expensive than Holly Tree. For example: River Shoals, Neely Farm, Morning Mist and Long Creek Plantation. I think the most reasonable is Long Creek and Neely Farm. they are both older neighborhoods and have established trees and pools and clubhouses and they both cater to families. They are worth checking out but it budget is really a concern I would lean towards Long Creek

Old 09-24-2008, 11:42 AM

672 posts, read 1,411,002 times
It is too late for the original poster, but don't forget about Martin's Grove in Simpsonville. We have incredibly convenient access to all of the shopping on Fairview Road, and there are 3 different portions of the neighborhood to suit everyone's budgets and tastes. We've been there for 6 months and love it!

Old 09-26-2008, 04:56 PM

6 posts, read 18,882 times
Tapshoe, I am in Jackson N.J. After our visit to the greenville area and then a visit to an area west of Atlanta, we have desided to look more into Georgia.
Thanks all for the info.
Bernie40
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area