Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 07:15 PM

55 posts, read 237,750 times

Advertisements

While Boiling Springs is indeed a great place to live, it is not such an easy access to Greenville. Spartanburg, yes, but not Greenville. Well, it is easy enough, it just takes about 30 minutes of driving. There is a new shopping mall being built out towards Boiling Springs. It will still be a Spartanburg address but will be located out off of Asheville Highway (I think, it may be off of Highway 176/9/Pine St.) and very close to Boiling Springs. As was earlier stated, there are quite a few new home developments being built and housing prices are some of the best in the state. You can find 4 beds, 2.5 baths, 1800-2000 sq. ft. for under $150K. Boiling Springs also has very good schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2007, 05:19 PM

64 posts, read 289,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Annie View Post
Hi Nancy,

Here is a website for great information on Boiling Springs. I believe it is centrally and well located for access to major highways, the mountains, and all the shopping of Greenville and Spartanburg without the traffic and congestion. It is a bedroom community so to speak, and has a nice country atmosphere presently. There is a lot of development going on because of the above reasons. Usually areas north and northwest of cities are the bedroom communities; at least in my experience. Best of luck in your search! Hope this helps.

http://www.boilingspringsnc.net/
Apple Annie,
I guess I'm alittle bit stupid could you please tell me what "bedroom communities" are. We are looking into a new developement, but also are keeping our options open, we will know the right house when we see it.
We will be coming down next month and I am excited, hope we have something on our home in NJ and we can get things moving in SC.

Thanks for your help, I do appreicate it.

P/S the web you sent me was for Boiling Springs NC Thanks Nancy

Old 01-18-2007, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah Hall View Post
While Boiling Springs is indeed a great place to live, it is not such an easy access to Greenville. Spartanburg, yes, but not Greenville. Well, it is easy enough, it just takes about 30 minutes of driving. There is a new shopping mall being built out towards Boiling Springs. It will still be a Spartanburg address but will be located out off of Asheville Highway (I think, it may be off of Highway 176/9/Pine St.) and very close to Boiling Springs. As was earlier stated, there are quite a few new home developments being built and housing prices are some of the best in the state. You can find 4 beds, 2.5 baths, 1800-2000 sq. ft. for under $150K. Boiling Springs also has very good schools.
Micah,

Could you please let me know some of those developements that your talking about, we will be down there next month and we really would like to get a 4 bedroom, 3 3.5 bath house. I do know that spartanburg school district #2 is good.

Any good places to stay in the boiling springs area, reasonable and kid friendly would like to find some place that has an indoor pool, 12 hour in the car the kids are going to need to burn off some energy. What about good food (remember kid friendly).

Thanks Nancy

Old 01-18-2007, 07:15 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancys1108 View Post
Micah,

Could you please let me know some of those developements that your talking about, we will be down there next month and we really would like to get a 4 bedroom, 3 3.5 bath house. I do know that spartanburg school district #2 is good.

Any good places to stay in the boiling springs area, reasonable and kid friendly would like to find some place that has an indoor pool, 12 hour in the car the kids are going to need to burn off some energy. What about good food (remember kid friendly).

Thanks Nancy
Fatz Cafe is awesome, right there on highway 9 in Boiling Springs.

Old 01-22-2007, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
Fatz Cafe is awesome, right there on highway 9 in Boiling Springs.
Thanks will try it, ever heard of the Radisson hotel in Spartanburg? Looking for someplace nice to stay with an indoor pool (hopefully) that is Kid friendly
Nancy

Old 01-22-2007, 01:04 PM

474 posts, read 2,192,737 times
Nancy: a "bedroom community" is where the commuters tend to reside. Away from the hustle and bustle of the city. The website I sent you was intended to be for Boiling Springs to give you somewhat of an overview. You can Google any city or town for their Chamber of Commerce website which are usually up to date, except on employment. I always like to refer folks to the local newspapers for truly updated information on job opportunities, restaurants, and simply news about what's going on in an area. Try this:

www.thepaperboy.com Any paper in the world is on there.

Also, if you are serious about relocating, then get up with an experienced local Realtor in the town you are interested in. Especially one that has lived and sold real estate there for many years.

Old 01-22-2007, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Annie View Post
Nancy: a "bedroom community" is where the commuters tend to reside. Away from the hustle and bustle of the city. The website I sent you was intended to be for Boiling Springs to give you somewhat of an overview. You can Google any city or town for their Chamber of Commerce website which are usually up to date, except on employment. I always like to refer folks to the local newspapers for truly updated information on job opportunities, restaurants, and simply news about what's going on in an area. Try this:

www.thepaperboy.com Any paper in the world is on there.

Also, if you are serious about relocating, then get up with an experienced local Realtor in the town you are interested in. Especially one that has lived and sold real estate there for many years.
Apple Annie,
We are very serious about relocating. My home is on the market in NJ and as soon as it sells we're outta here. We are visiting Boiling Springs again next month to do some more research, and showing our children the area. The move is the best thing for us, but we would like to show our children some of why it is important to us.

I guess with your explanation for "bedroom community" then that is what we are looking for. As far as a realtor, I have had some emails with a person who has some other possiblites for us I will be contacting the realtor this week, and still checking out some of the new developements too.

Thanks again for sharing some information with us. We are looking forward to our visit next month, and hopefully will be living there before the new school year starts for the kids.

I will check out the web site now, any thing else that pops into your head about Boiling Springs, please let me know.\
Nancy

Old 01-22-2007, 06:04 PM

5 posts, read 14,878 times
Default Thank you

[quote=happydawglady;274304]
My best tip for you would be to take several trips there and just drive around.

Hi Everyone,

I just want to say how helpful this is. I was also thinking of moving to Simpsonville, SC. We are currently in New Jersey & are coming down to look around in the spring.

We just want to be in an area where it's safe for our kids. We have a 15 month old & a 5 yr. old.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:13 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancys1108 View Post
Thanks will try it, ever heard of the Radisson hotel in Spartanburg? Looking for someplace nice to stay with an indoor pool (hopefully) that is Kid friendly
Nancy
Yeah I know the Radisson, seems like a nice place.

Old 01-23-2007, 07:58 AM

474 posts, read 2,192,737 times
Nancy, you are very welcome, and I wish you all the best in your plans. Every move is an adjustment, and will take a little while of course to get settled. I don't think you can go wrong with the Boilining Springs area if hubby is going to work in Spartanburg. There is plenty of shopping to do in Spartanburg, there is a huge mall there (can't remember the name of it offhand); but it's nice to live away from the area and yet have the amenities. Greenville is a wonderful city for shopping and cultural activities, etc. and it's easy enough to get there or Spartanburg for a night out on the town or just strolling the malls. The other plus for you will be proximity to airports. Either GPS (connections) to the west or Charlotte to the east for direct flights to most places. It will also be easier for you to get to Asheville or Hendersonville from Boiling Springs. (A good Realtor is invaluable )

Give us an update when you can, and send some pics if you have time. Good luck and happy hunting!

PS: Here is the correct website for Boiling Springs SC
http://sciway.net/city/boilingsprings.html

Last edited by Apple Annie; 01-23-2007 at 08:23 AM.. Reason: Correction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area