Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 10:03 PM

13 posts, read 107,832 times

Advertisements

Hi!

I am Jessica and my girlfriend and I are planning to move to Greenville, and wanted to ask for advice on neighborhoods.

In all of my research, I've found so much conflicting information regarding whether or not Greenville has lesbian friendly neighborhoods.

We are looking for in the city living, in perhaps a loft or industrial type building. We are very interested in art, music and trendy areas. We also have a small dog who we love to take for walks, and are avid cyclers and are very helath concious. Anything you could provide as far as what areas to check out would be so helpful and appreciated!

Thank you!

Jessica and Nicole
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2008, 10:10 PM

835 posts, read 2,296,005 times
Hahaha...oh you were serious. Just kidding.

Look, personally, I don't have a problem with it. But you will find that most people in Greenville will. Anyone who says Greenville is mostly gay-friendly is only gonna tell you that so that their small minority of liberals will be bigger at your expense.

Now, I will say that there are a few people who don't have a problem with gays/lesbians but a whole neighborhood...eh I doubt it. But there may be one, I could be wrong.

I'm just trying to give you advice.

I wish you luck.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:30 PM

Sorry... I hope that first part didn't come off as rude.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:03 PM

370 posts, read 943,344 times
There's not much of a gay/lesbian community here. Might not be the best move for you with the area being so conservative. Asheville is probably a much better choice.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aetcas View Post
There's not much of a gay/lesbian community here. Might not be the best move for you with the area being so conservative. Asheville is probably a much better choice.
Better yet, California for obvious reasons.lol.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:32 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,479,514 times
There are plenty of gay and lesbian-friendly areas that are closer than California, even in the Southeast.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:42 PM

5,465 posts, read 8,247,394 times
I don't think you'll have a problem. Was downtown on Saturday and saw plenty gay couples. No one was bothering them. Greenville is growing and getting lots of different lifestyles.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motonenterprises View Post
I don't think you'll have a problem. Was downtown on Saturday and saw plenty gay couples. No one was bothering them. Greenville is growing and getting lots of different lifestyles.
Are you sure you saw plenty?

I don't spend a whole lot of time downtown but I've never seen a gay couple that I can recall.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:51 PM

642 posts, read 2,080,645 times
Well I don't care if you move here or not it makes no gain or loss to me any at all. So I don't care any thing about that. Or care less about (small minority of liberals will be bigger at your expense as guestposter says)

But There is a lot of gay people here in greenville. Do they all come up and say hi im bob and im gay no.

But there is gay people here sorry to hurt all you straight people that are scared of the so called gay bug lol. Are you going to find a entire area that most gay people live in no. At least none that I know of.

I do know a lot that live on Haywood rd there is a apartment across from the (gay bar) that many gay people live in. Yes we do have them here too oh my!

But you may run in too stares im sure you will have someone say something too you. There is still old fashion people in this world. And im sure you have had to deal with them maybe where you are from now. Unless you do live in a all gay area.

But I know many gay people that live here and are very happy living here. A place is what you make it. And the people you hang around is all so a big part of it.

If you hang around a bunch of low life back wood people that is what you are going to have too deal with. And oh my! yes we have them here too.. :-D

Old 06-30-2008, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherinsc26 View Post
Well I don't care if you move here or not it makes no gain or loss to me any at all. So I don't care any thing about that. Or care less about (small minority of liberals will be bigger at your expense as guestposter says)

But There is a lot of gay people here in greenville. Do they all come up and say hi im bob and im gay no.

But there is gay people here sorry to hurt all you straight people that are scared of the so called gay bug lol. Are you going to find a entire area that most gay people live in no. At least none that I know of.

I do know a lot that live on Haywood rd there is a apartment across from the (gay bar) that many gay people live in. Yes we do have them here too oh my!

But you may run in too stares im sure you will have someone say something too you. There is still old fashion people in this world. And im sure you have had to deal with them maybe where you are from now. Unless you do live in a all gay area.

But I know many gay people that live here and are very happy living here. A place is what you make it. And the people you hang around is all so a big part of it.

If you hang around a bunch of low life back wood people that is what you are going to have too deal with. And oh my! yes we have them here too.. :-D
I usually like your posts but what are you trying to say about "backwoods" people? Are all country folks low life?

And no, I don't consider myself "country".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area