Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2008, 01:00 PM

4 posts, read 9,285 times

Advertisements

I am a person of very modest means looking to move to Spartanburg for the weather, the beautiful mountains, and most of all the low cost of living. Presently living in Pennsylvania, in my 50's (yikes!) it is to cold and expensive for me here.
On the internet I found what looks like a cute little house and it is really cheap, apparantly has been a rental in the union st. / delmar area. on google maps it looks to be an industial type of area but only 3 miles to downtown and 3 miles to a state park. My dog and I live to hike.There are probably nicer areas but it will take all my meager savings to buy it outright, dont want a mortgage. If I buy it I could live relatively cheap month to month.
i see the unemployment is high in Spartanburg, true? i guess I would like to get some feedback on spatanburg in general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 01:43 PM

11,689 posts, read 24,653,561 times
The unemployment rate is a little high in Spartanburg but it pretty much is everywhere with the economy how it is today. Seeing how you love to hike like I do, i'm sure you'll love it here. You can easily be in the mountains hiking on one of the many and I do mean many trails in 30-45 minutes. You have to check out Table Rock, Caesars Head, and Paris Mountain State Parks in Greenville and Pickens Counties if you do to decide to move here or at least visit.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:00 PM

4 posts, read 9,285 times
Default thank you "G"

This is a wonderfull site...great info..kind people...

Old 08-18-2008, 02:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,005 times
Look in person before you buy anything! You might look in the Briarwood/ Briarcliff Rd area between W O Ezell Blvd and John B White Blvd -- should be some good prices on smaller homes and the neighbors are nice. It's an older neighborhood (50 years or so). If you need a reference to a local Church ,Second Presbyterian would love to meet you!
There are lots of places to hike nearby and a couple of nice walking trails in the city for you and your dog to enjoy.
There's also free entertainment available in the area, to keep your costs down.
Spartanburg's a great place to live!

Old 08-18-2008, 07:03 PM

94 posts, read 377,078 times
If you aren't set on living in Spartanburg, may I recommend Lyman? They have some very cute older houses in pretty nice shape for the 50-60K range. You might check them out too.

edit to add: Well, they did a short time ago. Either they have been sold or are not on the market right now. It's a cute little town though!
Good luck on your relocation!

Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossombogart View Post
I am a person of very modest means looking to move to Spartanburg for the weather, the beautiful mountains, and most of all the low cost of living. Presently living in Pennsylvania, in my 50's (yikes!) it is to cold and expensive for me here.
On the internet I found what looks like a cute little house and it is really cheap, apparantly has been a rental in the union st. / delmar area. on google maps it looks to be an industial type of area but only 3 miles to downtown and 3 miles to a state park. My dog and I live to hike.There are probably nicer areas but it will take all my meager savings to buy it outright, dont want a mortgage. If I buy it I could live relatively cheap month to month.
i see the unemployment is high in Spartanburg, true? i guess I would like to get some feedback on spatanburg in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area