Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 11:08 PM

835 posts, read 2,296,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
I believe chewing is also banned. Struck me as funny too!
I mean, it's nasty to me but just because somebody else has it in their mouth doesn't mean my mouth will get all nasty and I'll get cancer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2008, 01:21 AM

642 posts, read 2,081,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guestposter24 View Post
I don't think either are good habits to have but I heard something like you couldn't chew tobacco or dip in restaurants.

I get the second hand smoke thing but can they really ban chew just because it's gross?

I'd rather people have something to get their nicotine in so they won't be so grumpy lol.

That is a little sick the chew tobacco. But it is silly too not allow that. Gross yes! But I don't think it can hurt anyone but the one doing it. Unless they slip and fall on it lol.. I can see the smoking. I smoke myself but if people don't like it I don't smoke around them. If others don't like it then people need to be nice and not do it around them. So I'm for the smoking ban. Even as a smoker myself most major citys have it any ways.

Old 07-04-2008, 06:42 PM

835 posts, read 2,296,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherinsc26 View Post
That is a little sick the chew tobacco. But it is silly too not allow that. Gross yes! But I don't think it can hurt anyone but the one doing it. Unless they slip and fall on it lol.. I can see the smoking. I smoke myself but if people don't like it I don't smoke around them. If others don't like it then people need to be nice and not do it around them. So I'm for the smoking ban. Even as a smoker myself most major citys have it any ways.
Most people are usually pretty polite about smoking around others like you seem to be.

Old 07-04-2008, 11:52 PM

6,888 posts, read 22,431,342 times
Keeps money in my pocket too. We didn't leave County Square tonight.

Old 07-07-2008, 05:19 PM

241 posts, read 383,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
What subjects will you be teaching at Furman, by the way?

Oh, I think I'll stay anonymous for the time being

We are really looking forward to Greenville. We've liked it so much during our house-hunting visits.

Old 12-24-2008, 10:50 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,684,228 times
I think eventually the whole state will be smoke free indoors. We may be the last to go that route, but it'll appen. Hopefully sooner rather then later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area