Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 11:34 AM

8 posts, read 15,265 times

Advertisements

Hi there,
First off, my name is Mark. I currently live in Tampa, FL. My soon to be fiancee and I are looking to move to the Greenville area. We had been looking in the Greer area, because it seemed to be quite central to Greenville/Spartanburg. I recently found a listing for a home online that we both like in Laurens. I have read a bit about the town, and it seems like it's kind of a dead area. The home is in a subdivision called Pinhaven Point. Anything any of you could offer would be fantastic, be it info about the area, or subdivision specifically, I appreciate it greatly.

Thanks,
Mark
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 05:10 PM

Ok, so i've learned that Laurens is pretty much in the sticks and 30 mins away from just about anything. Can anyone recommend a good area around Greenville/Spartanburg that is fairly developed but reasonably priced? Thanks in advance

Old 07-14-2008, 05:22 PM

192 posts, read 427,587 times
Can you tell us more about what you're looking for? Size, price range, land, etc.? That would really help a lot.

Old 07-14-2008, 05:52 PM

Sorry about that,
I'm looking for a 3/2 in a decent area. I'd prefer a garage, but it isn't required. Our price range is around 100-110k. It doesn't have to be a subdivision, i don't mine woodsy areas, but I don't want to have to drive forever to get to the bank or grocery store.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:18 PM

5,466 posts, read 8,253,504 times
Simpsonville is a great place, thats where I live. Well actually between Mauldin and Simpsonville for now which is also a great place to live.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motonenterprises View Post
Simpsonville is a great place, thats where I live. Well actually between Mauldin and Simpsonville for now which is also a great place to live.
about how far away from greenville/spartanburg? ive heard of simpsonville, but never been there.

Old 07-14-2008, 07:09 PM

About 5 to 10 minutes down 385 from Greenville. Why did you mention central to Greenville/Spartanburg? Do you need to be in between the 2 cities or are you implying that they are one? Just curious.

Old 07-14-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
About 5 to 10 minutes down 385 from Greenville. Why did you mention central to Greenville/Spartanburg? Do you need to be in between the 2 cities or are you implying that they are one? Just curious.
Well, my soon to be fiancee requested a transfer to the general area, and there are stores both in Greenville and Spartanburg. She isn't sure where she'll end up, so we want to be close to both. We may end up renting until we know for sure, it just depends.

Old 07-14-2008, 07:45 PM

Oh, that explains it. It doesn't take long to get to Spartanburg from Mauldin or Simpsonville using the freeways. Greer is definetly the most central to the cities. Also check out the Pelham Rd. area.

Old 07-16-2008, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Oh, that explains it. It doesn't take long to get to Spartanburg from Mauldin or Simpsonville using the freeways. Greer is definetly the most central to the cities. Also check out the Pelham Rd. area.

Thanks, will do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area