Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 12:03 AM

192 posts, read 605,479 times

Advertisements

Do folks think the price of these will continue to rise? Seems like a good investment now - given Greenville's potential growth. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 12:10 PM

617 posts, read 2,564,053 times
Well, I'm sure prices on existing ones and new ones will rise but there should also be more affordable downtown living within the next few years according to the latest master plan.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:29 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,813,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2y2r7o View Post
Well, I'm sure prices on existing ones and new ones will rise but there should also be more affordable downtown living within the next few years according to the latest master plan.
good, I think thats whats needed more than 300,000+ dollar condos

Old 07-21-2008, 02:50 PM

105 posts, read 382,411 times
affordable - is different to everybody....we'll see what they actually build but i dont see it being too cheap.

We bought a Riverplace condo at the auction and sold after being there a year and a half & came out pretty good. However it seems that they have capped since then but that could have a lot to do with the craptacular housing market.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:09 PM

11,689 posts, read 24,637,762 times
Why anybody would want to move to Simpsonville from downtown Greenville is beyond me.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:00 PM

42 posts, read 127,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Why anybody would want to move to Simpsonville from downtown Greenville is beyond me.
Please explain what you mean by the comment. I'm from out of state. The things I have been reading about both places seemed good although Simpsonville being more suburban and Greenville more urban. Am I missing something?

Old 07-21-2008, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering101 View Post
Please explain what you mean by the comment. I'm from out of state. The things I have been reading about both places seemed good although Simpsonville being more suburban and Greenville more urban. Am I missing something?
Nope. You pretty much hit the nail on the head. Why would you want to live in sprawl Simpsonville and have to drive to the grocery store instead of live in downtown Greenville and walk or ride a bike there? Don't forget about all of the shops, restaurants, parks, etc. you can walk or bike to if you live in downtown Greenville. In Simpsonville, you have to drive to all of those things. Last time I checked, gas prices were high.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:55 PM

642 posts, read 2,080,490 times
I don't have to drive to the store or a park I live in simpsonville you can walk places here. Trying to scare everyone away from simpsonville lol

Old 07-22-2008, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherinsc26 View Post
I don't have to drive to the store or a park I live in simpsonville you can walk places here. Trying to scare everyone away from simpsonville lol
You may not have to but most people that live there do. If you live along West Georgia Road, you have to drive. Nobody would dare want to walk or bike along that two-lane road without sidewalks.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:20 AM

642 posts, read 2,080,490 times
True but every place here needs too work on that big time no matter where you are at. But I see what you are saying I was just messin with ya. Simpsonville is a great place too live. Esp if you don't want too deal with more people but still live close enough too it. But im sure if I lived in dt I would injoy being closer too everything. But other then greenville being pretty and a nice place to get a way at times. I would rather live here. But thats just me. And i'm not saying anything bad about greenville before that certain someone comes and says im. I love Greenville
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area