U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2008, 06:37 AM

275 posts, read 1,545,014 times

Advertisements

I'm in the process of getting the utilities switched on or transferred to me in my new home in Fountain Inn. I've been able to do everything by phone except for the natural gas. For that, I need to go in person and am doing that Monday morning.

A few questions:

Does Fountain Inn Natural Gas have on-line account access? I did some web searches and can't find a seperate web page for them. The only web page I found is part of the city of Fountain Inn's web page and only lists some basic information about them. Among other things, I would like to see their current rates.

I'm new to the area and was a bit surprised when I called Fountain Inn Natural Gas and they told me they required a $150 deposit to start service. That's really not much money, but I just did not expect this. Does anyone know if they really collect this deposit and, if so, how long they keep it before returning it?

Thanks and I'll ask these same questions when I go there Monday morning, but I always like to have information in advance so I know what to expect.

Mike
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 08:29 AM

169 posts, read 498,797 times
Welcome to Fountain Inn! We moved here in January of this year and love it! I have a statement and there is no web site listed. You can pay via mail, at the office in City Hall, which by the way is moving as of 8/11. The new address is 100 S Weston Street. Also you can call 864-862-0042 to set up monthly credit card payments. My husband can't remember the part about the deposit, just remembers it being different.....wish we could be more help..
The BTU factor is 1.02900 if that helps. They do charge a $5.00 facility charge for months that you don't use any gas. Our house has an electric water heater so we don't use any gas during the warm months. You can pay $15.00 to have it turned off for the summer, not sure if then there is a reconnect fee... Hope this helps you out.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:00 AM

Thanks WAZEAZ!

I'll probably just have them charge my credit card for convenience.

I appreciate the welcome and hope you're having a great weekend!

Old 07-28-2008, 10:45 AM

234 posts, read 1,120,993 times
They will keep the 150 for a year - then refund you 100$ onto your account. they keep the 50$ until you move. Your right about the $150 - it was a surprise and not a good one - you feel like they are keeping your money hostage - for not really much in return. But you really don't have a choice.

Old 07-28-2008, 12:38 PM

Leggo, you are right, except for one point. They told us this morning the $100 gets credited back in 12 months. The $50 is an enrollment/account setup fee.

I guess I can understand the $100 deposit since I am new to the area, but I oppose the $50 fee in principal. I paid it anyway, no choice.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area