Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 04:54 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
Is the thread about riots in Falls Park or is the thread about Dunkin Donuts?
I thought it was about Starbuck's. LOL. I'm so confused. Oh and I don't see how motonenterprises comment was stereotypical. Seemed to sound right to me. Anybody who dresses like that and starts fights in a place where the majority are trying to enjoy a nice park are thugs in my book.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:36 AM

5,484 posts, read 8,315,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drizzle View Post
How dare you make ASSumptions about me and where I am from (although that seems to be the mantra of your "set")? Making stereotypical comments about what you perceive only furthers your own agenda to take anyone different from your Norman Rockwell fantasy land and cast them away as rejects trying to make trouble.

Alas, my original questions have still not been answered:
1. Why mention riots in the title if there, in fact, have not been any?
2. What is the frequency of these fights? I'm thinking if they are every weekend, the "news" would have been all over it.

You are now clear to close this thread.

P.S. If you want to see some real thugs, I'd be more then happy to take you to the West Side of Chicago.
P.P.S. The West Side ain't in the suburbs...
I can speak it because I've been there in their shoes and know what they're thinking. How about you? As for your comment about real thugs in Chicago, the city you are from doesn't make you and I don't think this is the Chicago forum. You can get in trouble in wrong spots here just as fast so watch your step. Not that I want that, but it exist! My statement is the truth and is dead on. We've got to stop acting blind in America like these things aren't going on.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:14 AM

161 posts, read 416,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motonenterprises View Post
I can speak it because I've been there in their shoes and know what they're thinking. How about you? As for your comment about real thugs in Chicago, the city you are from doesn't make you and I don't think this is the Chicago forum. You can get in trouble in wrong spots here just as fast so watch your step. Not that I want that, but it exist! My statement is the truth and is dead on. We've got to stop acting blind in America like these things aren't going on.

I am not negating the fact that these things happen and something has to be done. I was commenting on the fact that you assumed that I am disconnected from what is going on and thus could not make a comment on the current "situation" at Falls Park. To me, that was uncalled for. You don't know me and I am not going to claim to know you.

There are bad parts in Greenville. Not to compare it to Chicago but, to me, I would feel safer walking through the ghetto in Chicago them some of the places here. It is those areas that police need to concentrate on and clean up so that they can be reclaimed by decent citizens.

I would still like to know the frequency of these fights and if, in fact, they are happening every weekend because I wasn't able to find a whole lot of incidents on the County crime map (although this may not tell the whole story as it only shows incidents that are reported). In my opinion, the focus shouldn't be on the rowdy teenagers downtown that are causing these undocumented fights (although the police should be there to keep an eye out), but on gentrifying the bad areas of town and reclaiming them for the greater good.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:19 AM

470 posts, read 595,207 times
This thread is stupid!
No facts to back any of this up. I tend to believe there was maybe a fight or 2, but RIOTS come on... I think that may have made the paper...

Then the bickering about I know these kids I was one of them at one time... Come on no one even knows who was involved. Maybe it was athletes from rival HS's. Why do they have to be THUG'S, Why do they have to be kid's? maybe it was some drunks guys from a bar...

G-Man you maybe one of the most respected posters here (at least I think so) but this thread is not one of your best pieces of work.

And I think The Drizzle's questions were right on.
1. Why mention riots in the title if there, in fact, have not been any?
2. What is the frequency of these fights? I'm thinking if they are every weekend, the "news" would have been all over it.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:05 AM

How do I know they were thugs? Because I saw them with my own eyes on Saturday night. There were at least 200-300 of them getting ready to get into it.

Last edited by g-man430; 07-30-2008 at 08:44 AM..

Old 07-30-2008, 08:13 AM

161 posts, read 416,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
How do I know they were thugs? Because I saw them with my own eyes on Saturday night. There were at least 200-300 of them getting ready to get into it. Sounds like a riot to me.
Did you call the police? Was a SWAT team dispatched? How many people were arrested?

Old 07-30-2008, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drizzle View Post
Did you call the police? Was a SWAT team dispatched? How many people were arrested?
I didn't call the police. Somebody else did. Within minutes six cop cars and ten police officers showed up. Too bad I didn't have my camera with me. Good thing they broke it up before the two parties started going at it. I didn't see anybody get arrested. Why is everybody getting on me about the thread title? Good lord. Just close this thread Waccamatt. I don't want to listen to everybody complain about my thread title anymore.

Last edited by g-man430; 07-30-2008 at 08:37 AM..

Old 07-30-2008, 08:48 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I didn't call the police. Somebody else did. Within minutes six cop cars and ten police officers showed up. Too bad I didn't have my camera with me. Good thing they broke it up before the two parties started going at it. I didn't see anybody get arrested. Why is everybody getting on me about the thread title? Good lord. Just close this thread Waccamatt. I don't want to listen to everybody complain about my thread title anymore.
G-man, dude, just make your thread title accurate. There was no "riot'. Do you know what a riot is? Look up the meaning in Webster's.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
G-man, dude, just make your thread title accurate. There was no "riot'. Do you know what a riot is? Look up the meaning in Webster's.
Ok, so maybe it wasn't a riot, but rather a large fight that was about to break out. I can't edit the thread title. It will not let me. Maybe a moderator could change it or better yet close this thread. It was a mistake making this thread and therefore I apologize for doing it.

Last edited by g-man430; 07-30-2008 at 09:05 AM..

Old 07-30-2008, 12:12 PM
acm

11 posts, read 24,843 times
200-300 people?????

exaggeration I tend to think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area