U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 11:02 PM

617 posts, read 2,314,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenville View Post
LOL!!
You laugh, but it has happened before! I remember it very well! That one guy/girl...ugh...they really bothered a lot of us. I don't exactly remember the username (well, the original one haha), but I do remember being very frustrated every time I read their posts.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:29 AM

1,941 posts, read 3,840,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2y2r7o View Post
You laugh, but it has happened before! I remember it very well! That one guy/girl...ugh...they really bothered a lot of us. I don't exactly remember the username (well, the original one haha), but I do remember being very frustrated every time I read their posts.
I laughed because I remember the "poster" from Rochester who badmouthed Greenville. It was later that we found out that he criticized Greenville because it was overshadowing his favorite city (which was not Rochester). Very bush league.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:01 AM

Hehe, I know I know...I was kidding. I remember that well.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:05 PM

6,528 posts, read 13,701,636 times
This thread is definitely getting off track now. Someone should take some notes about whether the proposed curfew has any impact on the number or behavior of teens this weekend.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
This thread is definitely getting off track now. Someone should take some notes about whether the proposed curfew has any impact on the number or behavior of teens this weekend.
Just easing things up a little...sometimes you have to don't you think? I know I can get frustrated sometimes and just need to chill out. Anyways, I'll head down there this weekend and see what's going on. It'll be pretty funny if right at 9:00 everyone scatters!

One thing I still don't understand is why 100+ teens would gather together. I mean...there's no way they're all talking to each other is there? Why can't they break up into smaller groups and spread throughout the park or other parts of downtown? My friends and I would go downtown with no more than 10 people and we could hang out wherever and nobody complained.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:05 PM

5,408 posts, read 13,315,893 times
Default Good Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenville View Post
I laughed because I remember the "poster" from Rochester who badmouthed Greenville. It was later that we found out that he criticized Greenville because it was overshadowing his favorite city (which was not Rochester). Very bush league.
"Poster" in this case also means, "imposter". Online forums like City-Data.com and others that most of us are familiar with will continue to have this problem, just as it has been proven to be true more than a few times in the past. The key to clarification is...
  1. Always be aware of the potential for someone to break rules.
  2. Always discern such opinionated posts by their credibility and informational accuracy.
  3. Never be afraid to seek clarification by questioning and offering conflicting information.
  4. Never be afraid to seek assistance from trustworthy moderators and administrators.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:08 PM

6,528 posts, read 13,701,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2y2r7o View Post
Just easing things up a little...sometimes you have to don't you think? I know I can get frustrated sometimes and just need to chill out. Anyways, I'll head down there this weekend and see what's going on. It'll be pretty funny if right at 9:00 everyone scatters!

One thing I still don't understand is why 100+ teens would gather together. I mean...there's no way they're all talking to each other is there? Why can't they break up into smaller groups and spread throughout the park or other parts of downtown? My friends and I would go downtown with no more than 10 people and we could hang out wherever and nobody complained.
I don't understand it. When I was a teenager I hung out with the same 10 or so friends most of the time. A teenager in Chapin got shot and killed at a house party in Chapin last weekend because of an argument about a missing cell phone. People just need to chill out.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:17 PM

161 posts, read 366,470 times
I thought I saw on the news that teens caught downtown after the curfew would be "asked to go home". I've searched on line and can't find anything about if fines or arrests will be imposed for those caugt after the curfew. To me, it sounds like a waste of time if they are going to put a law in place, spend the money and man power to enforce it, and then not follow through. I did find that the number of teens downtown shrank from 300 to 100 last weekend, so it seems that he number of teens downtown before the curfew was stretched just a bit.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:22 AM

191 posts, read 452,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-vegas View Post
Well I too think this thread has been beat to a pulp. If we have not reached some conclusion by now we never will. Appearently the city is working on the problem, so maybe they can get it figured out. If nothing else makes people not want to move here, this thread is bound to
Well,I would't be one of those people,though I do believe it looks bad for other people across the country to be reading how citizens in Greenville are carrying on about what seems to me as very insignificant or atleast not near so bad as it's been made out to be.The problem I see from reading this thread is not a bunch of teenagers hanging out on Main Street not really causing any harm to anyone else,but a bunch of proud adults who thinks their city is above having young people hang out in crowds on the street whether black or white and from what I see,the crime rate iin Greenville is not something to be admired at anyway and not coming from these teens either.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:40 AM

7,994 posts, read 10,913,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
This thread has BEEN off track for some time.

Will a senior moderator please look at this thread.

Last edited by gsupstate; 08-22-2008 at 12:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or