U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 09:21 PM

2,178 posts, read 5,000,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-vegas View Post
Come on now does everything have to come back to race Its just a city I love and I dont want to see it handed over to crime and fighting. It is no secret to the people who are down there who is involved in these actions, dont call me a racist, I am far from that. It is apart of a growing city, i just dont want to stand back and watch it take over
you said you'd like less diversity because you had to yell cops to get into falls park, what does that have to do with diversity exactly? The only reason it came to race is because that is what you were talking about????
"It is no secret to the people who are down there who is involved in these actions, dont call me a racist, I am far from that." who exactly is involved in these actions? And what actions are you talking about? I wasn't calling you a racist, I was calling your statement racist, because it was, I don't presume to know you from a statement but you need to choose your words more wisely thanks

Old 08-03-2008, 10:10 PM

502 posts, read 824,692 times
Well I am not going to get into a war of words, that was not the intent of the original post. I was referring to MOST teens and a person who was not so cynical would have known that. I also am not that old, but like g-man said my work keeps me busy, thanks to my parents who helped cultivate my work ethic. Again, the "cop" thing was a joke and if hurt your delicate feelings, again I am sorry. To restate my intended thought, We had a really hard time getting through the crowd of fellowshipping youth But if everyone is in agreement that it is a welcomed thing in Greenville, than Ill just get used to it. The more people downtown the marrier; right.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:57 PM

49 posts, read 144,431 times
I said it this morning and I will say it again, it is a shame! It all comes from how we are raised. My parents would have not let me go hang downtown to listen to any music, forget about rap.
My son was a teenager and he never went to the mall (that is what most teenagers did in Miami at the time) would go in a group to the movies, baseball, fishing or whatever they were doing. If I didn't drop them off another of the parents of his friends would take them. If that wasn't happening they would all come over to my house and we had a BBQ. We still heard them say sometimes they were bored but this is part of growing up, all teenagers complain like that.
Skyliner you said you saw a few gum wrappers and a light and I can't remember the other thing you mentioned, that was this time, what about the next time? Is someone going to think of not respecting and not only littering, it will. I would hate to see stuff like that happen in Greenville.
Whatever anyone can do to make it better...........it's for the best of your great city!

Old 08-03-2008, 11:03 PM

5,408 posts, read 13,315,893 times
Regarding my previous post stating the true nature of Falls Park despite the recent isolated incidents please view the photos I have posted from Sunday evening at approximately 8:00pm. I request that any responses to those images relating to this discussion please be posted in this thread instead of in the photo thread, since the two are dedicated to different topics. Thanks!

Old 08-03-2008, 11:19 PM

49 posts, read 144,431 times
Skyliner........those are great pictures! I just saw them and everyone seems to be having a relaxed time.

Thanks for sharing! Your pics allow us to see a bit more of Greenville.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:20 AM

2,178 posts, read 5,000,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-vegas View Post
Well I am not going to get into a war of words, that was not the intent of the original post. I was referring to MOST teens and a person who was not so cynical would have known that. I also am not that old, but like g-man said my work keeps me busy, thanks to my parents who helped cultivate my work ethic. Again, the "cop" thing was a joke and if hurt your delicate feelings, again I am sorry. To restate my intended thought, We had a really hard time getting through the crowd of fellowshipping youth But if everyone is in agreement that it is a welcomed thing in Greenville, than Ill just get used to it. The more people downtown the marrier; right.
nothing cynical about it, and nothing delicate either(although I am a delicate flower). Sorry if I took your earlier comment out of context, I think southerners get a bad rap about being racist most times, and so I hate to see racial comments on the boards, because so many people that are relocating, or interested in the area are worried about it, and i wouldn't want them to think Greenville was chalked full of bigotry and hatred, because its not

Old 08-04-2008, 08:55 AM

10,068 posts, read 19,940,759 times
The only thing I want to know is what happened to Dunkin Donuts downtown?

Old 08-04-2008, 09:54 AM

617 posts, read 2,314,406 times
It's supposed to open in November right!? WOOHOO!

Old 08-04-2008, 11:03 AM

502 posts, read 824,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
The only thing I want to know is what happened to Dunkin Donuts downtown?
Good question g-man? I would like to know that myself

Old 08-04-2008, 12:22 PM

617 posts, read 2,314,406 times
I was serious about my previous post, btw! My mom said she read in the paper that it is supposed to open in November.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or