Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 07:12 AM

78 posts, read 301,517 times

Advertisements

I loved this place on Wade Hampton and my family will miss it a lot. Does anyone have recommendations on similar substitutes? (other than the usual chains, Panera, Atlanta Bread...etc.) Part of its charm was that it was family run, unique, and had great food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 10:58 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Where on Wade Hampton was it located? I'm having a hard time placing it.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:32 AM

70 posts, read 174,491 times
There was a Market Square Deli on Wade Hampton? I know that they're about to open one up next to the new Walmart on Pelham. Oh wait, maybe that's a Midtown Deli.

Old 08-19-2008, 01:53 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,709,053 times
Was this the place right near Wade Hampton High School, across from Kmart? If so, that area is really run down looking, a lot of vacant buildings and someone needs to clean it up.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:00 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,756,471 times
This area does look awful. It seems as though everything is moving to the Taylors/Greer side of Wade Hampton Blvd. If a Burger King and Arby's can't make it in that area, then it makes me wonder if anything can. It reminds me of the demise of the S. Pleasantburg Dr. area. The whole drive from about where Canopy Car Wash starts all the way to Stone Ave. is quite an eyesore. It is about time this area gets some attention. It could start with a grand entrance to the city of Greenville, about where Wade Hampton and N. Pleasantburg drive intersect, near Red Lobster. At least BJU has done it's part to spruce up that area.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:27 PM

370 posts, read 947,097 times
I agree. I was actually shocked that the new master plan for Greenville left out the Wade Hampton area. It is the largest road in the area with 6 lanes and nothing is being done to it. Definitely an ugly way to enter the downtown. Hopefully the city or county will have the vision to do something with Wade Hampton, really up to the Greer border.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:34 PM

Oh, and by the way, the Acropolis folks next door thought they heard a Schlotzskys franchise was going to take over the Market Square building. Forgot to mention that in my previous post!

Old 08-19-2008, 08:17 PM

69 posts, read 275,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aetcas View Post
Oh, and by the way, the Acropolis folks next door thought they heard a Schlotzskys franchise was going to take over the Market Square building. Forgot to mention that in my previous post!
Wasn't there a Schlotzskys there before???

Similar places are hard to find, but I really like Classic's Deli on Grove Rd. (Between Greenville Hospital and White Horse Rd.) It's close to my work so I go there several times a week. Also try "Subs and Clubs" behind Haywood Mall. It's a little different but you'll like the people who run it.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:54 PM

I have heard the Manna Deli on Beattie Place (downtown) is very good.

Old 08-20-2008, 06:34 AM

78 posts, read 301,517 times
Default Um...back on topic - any other good deli places?

Yes, this deli was in the area on Wade Hampton near Pleasantburg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area