U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 10:46 AM

909 posts, read 2,083,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie swords View Post
but Bertolo's? it must have changed because when i went there it was wretched, i would rather have gone to Sbarro at the mall.
wow, that's the first time I've heard that reaction. I guess it's a little different since I know Tony Bertolo, but still, it's my family's favorite....hands down. If I was to pick a place to say that I'd rather go to Sbarro, it'd be Frodo's. Now that place is bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 11:40 AM

105 posts, read 336,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post
wow, that's the first time I've heard that reaction. I guess it's a little different since I know Tony Bertolo, but still, it's my family's favorite....hands down. If I was to pick a place to say that I'd rather go to Sbarro, it'd be Frodo's. Now that place is bad.
really? quite a few people i know avoid that place like the plague...i dont go to Frodo's either but i would probably go there before Bertolo's.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:31 PM

69 posts, read 246,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie swords View Post
i'll agree with you about Mellow Mushroom....but Bertolo's? it must have changed because when i went there it was wretched, i would rather have gone to Sbarro at the mall.
I agree with that. The last pizza we got from Bertolos was so greasy we could hardly eat it. It was one of their white pizzas

Old 08-28-2008, 02:21 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,273,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post
Didn't Frodo's close down? Or did they just move away from Cherrydale?

Old 08-28-2008, 02:26 PM

9,975 posts, read 19,707,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
There's one on Pleasantburg Drive near Greenville Tech. At least there used to be one there.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:51 PM

7,995 posts, read 10,795,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
They moved to a new spot in Cherrydale....the old Fazolli's location. There is also one across from Greenville Tech and one on Woodruff Road at Five Forks.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:58 PM

2,175 posts, read 4,955,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drizzle View Post
The problem I have with thier atmosphere is, like you said, it's a bar but it is over run with young kids. Plus, there's nothing wrong with not liking the "high end" beer (I'd take a PBR or a High Life over the stuff they sell any day). As far as their staff is concerned, I don't like being felt like an idiot because I didn't order some obscure beer made by monks in the northeastern section of Western Montana in a vat once used for fat rendering. By only serving microbrews, they are limiting their clientele, which is the main reason I don't go there.
FYI upstairs is for adults only(the BAR section of the restaurant), and it is a pizza joint so your bound to have families with kids in there on the weekends(nothing wrong with that). I didn't say you had to like "high end" beer as you call it, but they have so many different beers its silly to say they don't sell "normal" drinks.
They carry lots of "normal beers" Amstel, Harp, Bass, Fosters, Sam Adams and Sam Adams light, Shiner Bock, Woodchuck Cider, Guinness, Newcastle, Red Stripe, Stella, none of those are microbrews, so I don't see how that limits there clientèle, and again its called BARLEYS so serving hundreds of different beers kind of makes sense. Guess its just not your bag.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:03 PM

239 posts, read 620,241 times
mellow mushroom when home in the south ......and uno's in chicago.....

Old 10-04-2008, 08:31 AM

36 posts, read 103,529 times
somebody just needs to get giordano's down here.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:44 AM

5,889 posts, read 10,965,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmeltdown View Post
mellow mushroom when home in the south ......and uno's in chicago.....
I was VERY happy when I discovered Uno's pizzas in the freezer section at Bi-Lo. It's note quite the same as being there, but it really helps when I need a Chicago pizza fix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area