Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 07:38 AM

3 posts, read 10,108 times

Advertisements

Sorry to hear about Best Friends as ANY place would be better than Banfield.

Google words such as, "Banfield Sucks" and "complaints against Banfield" and you will see dozens of links to thousands of complaints.

There are also not one but TWO websites specific to the problems with Banfield and mentions multiple class action lawsuits banfieldsucks.net (not .com) and reportbanfield.com

We went to Banfield and it was ALL about making money first!!! Also, NEVER let Banfield, or any other vet, take your pet out of your sight. That's when things happen and if the vet is honest and most are, there's no reason you can't be with your pet while they're seen or treated.

On the flipside, PetSmart Pet Hotel is WONDERFUL!!! It's the only money I'll ever spend at PetSmart until they get rid of Banfield.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 07:43 AM

3 posts, read 10,108 times
Default Pet Daycare and Boarding

We've had great success with PetSmart Pet Hotel with both daycare and boarding. Beds, tvs, ice cream (lactose free), it's great!

One good test of a good boarding facility is ask them to take you on a tour of the facility with no notice. If they will, they have nothing to hide and if they won't or make excuses (e.g., too busy, etc.) then think twice.

I've tried just about every boarding facility within 25 miles of Greenville and PetSmart Pet Hotel has always been the best of the bunch. They're on Woodruff Road inside of PetSmart.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:21 PM

153 posts, read 933,062 times
I get the idea behind just showing up, but on the flipside you also have to realize that there are certain hours that kennel staff are usually really busy and don't have time to walk random people through the facility.

It would be more considerate to call ahead and get a time frame for when walkins are welcome. You don't have to tell them the day or specific time you're going.

Keep in mind you may be starting a long term relationship with this company so being considerate should go both ways.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:37 PM

642 posts, read 2,081,198 times
I worked at a pet resort in the past for all most 8yrs I think just showing up is a great idea. You are looking for a place to keep your dog happy and safe.

If it is a good place they will not care if you happen to just show up. That is what you want too do. So you can see how it is going to be like in busy times. If it is a half way decent place they will still make time for you. Even if you have to walk by and see a pile of poo in a room before they have the chance to pick it up. Nothing is wrong with just showing up.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:10 PM

99 posts, read 321,883 times
Default woodlands all the way

i've used woodlands pet resort for day care and overnights, my dog oreo, loved it, the coolest thing is that you can sign onto the internet and check your pet, during daycare of overnights, check them out, they are worth the drive, when piece of mind is your most important factor.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:39 AM

1 posts, read 3,899 times
Default Boarding Your Pet In Greenville

If you want your pet to be cared for like you would - you can't go wrong with PetsMart Pets Hotel. Don't tie them to Banfield - it's a totally separate company. One thing that I absolutely love about PetsMart is that they have staff there 24/7 even on holidays so my dog (Tilly) is never alone in the facility.

As for just "showing up for a tour" - you can do that, but in the real world there will be times when the staff IS just too busy to stop and give a tour. A reputable facility will tell you what hours are best for a tour, that will allow you to make a "surprise" visit and still be assured of being able to see the facility.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:13 PM

1 posts, read 3,877 times
My dogs LOVE to go to PetSmart PetsHotel. They get so excited just pulling into the parking lot. The staff there is really great, they are very friendly and helpful. The facility is always so clean, and they treat my 2 dogs just like family. They have a great daycare program too where your dogs can play all day with other dogs. You can see all the rooms from right there in the lobby, and the playroom, and they have a monitor where you can see the other playrooms too. Plus they're staffed around the clock, even overnight. I always feel very reassured leaving my dogs there.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:47 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,815,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdk1231 View Post
My dogs LOVE to go to PetSmart PetsHotel. They get so excited just pulling into the parking lot. The staff there is really great, they are very friendly and helpful. The facility is always so clean, and they treat my 2 dogs just like family. They have a great daycare program too where your dogs can play all day with other dogs. You can see all the rooms from right there in the lobby, and the playroom, and they have a monitor where you can see the other playrooms too. Plus they're staffed around the clock, even overnight. I always feel very reassured leaving my dogs there.
how much $$ is this per day on average???

Old 11-21-2008, 11:55 AM

548 posts, read 1,974,155 times
Kennel is around $23/day. I recently used Barkingham Palace at 14/Pelham and they were about the same price. Barkingham Palace has a vet on site as well as they have a small fenced area they let the dogs out to play twice a day. I know for a fact they do let them out since my dog came home with clay stains. I didn't have him bathed before bringing him home preferring to save money and do it myself. I always wondered about the play times I payed for and if they really gave them at Best Friends. Barkingham Palace doesn't charge for playtimes so whether or not they play with them while out in the yard I don't know but they do get to go outside. What I didn't like is the hours. No Sunday and Saturday only until noon. I returned Saturday night late and couldn't pick him up until Monday morning. They don't, however, charge another day unless you pickup after 4. Like usual though when I leave him for a long time he comes home with laryngitis. Silly dog must bark 24/7.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:21 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,815,926 times
Trying to book a kennel for the holidays, man did I wait too long . I found one in Spartanburg that still had open spaces, I think they are very new? Southport Kennels, nice looking facility i'll update after my experience is over.

Thanks for the info!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area