U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 08:26 PM

835 posts, read 2,038,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
Hi clintsmyth!

I believe you will certainly find virtually everything you may be searching for in Greenville. Most of our local churches have active singles groups that gather for fellowship regularly, so I imagine that you would easily be in good company as a conservative Christian yourself. Definitely come for a visit and check the area out sometime. Do you have any preferences regarding group activities?

To guestposter24: Before jumping to a conclusion without merit, may I simply suggest that you take a look at how the majority of threads requesting information usually gain many more views than replies - regardless of the nature, belief, or personal preference of the inquiring individual. There could be any number of reasons why this is the case, but without knowledge of each reader's mind, it is hardly justifiable to make an accusatory assumption of any kind. For your information, I was not able to reply until now, but that had nothing to do with clintsmyth's belief.
I called it like it seemed. Maybe I jumped the gun a bit quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drizzle View Post
That's because Liberals, such as myself, are too busy fornicating and listening to Slayer on the weekends to get online
That made me chuckle.

I'm not a conservative. I'm in between on quite a few things.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:53 PM

264 posts, read 283,324 times
clintsmyth,

I also think you will find much of what you seek here in Gville. The are many devoted Christian women in the upstate, and churches of any size (from 20 or 30 people to over 10,000 members) or denomination you could think of. Any church of any size will have good singles Bible study groups. There used to be a group for 20 something singles that met at a church (can't remember the name) on Tuesdays, had music, Bible study, and other activities to meet others. Perhaps a quick internet search could provide some more updated details on this, it was called "Engage."
The weather is very nice, though hotter in the summer than you are probably used to, especially compared to Seatle. The other cities you listed are all nice as well, though the summertime in Dallas can be brutal! For weather, it is hard to beat Denver.
Can't help much on the job search, but internet sites should help. Check out GreenvilleOnline.com | The Greenville News | Greenville news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds. Serving Greenville, SC and look at job listings, this should be a good place to start. Good luck!

Old 08-28-2008, 02:00 PM

38 posts, read 136,248 times
you would love it here! and you would have no problem finding a good ol' country Christian woman, the place is crawlin' with them...lol

Old 08-28-2008, 07:49 PM

1,941 posts, read 3,835,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grits&sweettea View Post
you would love it here! and you would have no problem finding a good ol' country Christian woman, the place is crawlin' with them...lol
Huh?

Old 08-29-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grits&sweettea View Post
sssh! You mustn't mention those! It won't make us look "progressive".

Old 07-14-2015, 02:28 PM

2 posts, read 896 times
Hello all !
I am live in Duncanville,TX. Wants to meet with new people here.I am single,no kids,never married,want to find the first good,honest friends.
Thanks.

Old 07-15-2015, 11:18 AM

667 posts, read 842,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieOmsk View Post
Hello all !
I am live in Duncanville,TX. Wants to meet with new people here.I am single,no kids,never married,want to find the first good,honest friends.
Thanks.
Were you by chance thinking this was a Greenville, TEXAS, forum? This is the Greenville, SOUTH CAROLINA, forum.

Old 07-15-2015, 12:32 PM

631 posts, read 876,309 times
Hey Clint,

Well, Greenville is definitely a cool place to live. Met my wife down here as well So there are some nice ladies down here...

Lots of banks here too so your skillset could be good for that.

For churches I always recommend my church - Heritage Bible Church (Greer). We have a pretty solid young professionals group AFAIK. And there are are a number of young ladies in our church that aren't married....

Best of luck in your transition!

Old 07-15-2015, 01:00 PM

2,967 posts, read 3,945,481 times
Why is it always new users, with 1 post, who never return, bumping these 8 year old religion threads that were dug up from the bowels of the forum archives
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area