U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2008, 12:09 PM

4,379 posts, read 6,066,906 times

Advertisements

For all interested there is an article on greenvilleonline.com which is speaking on funding for the transit system. They seem pretty serious about improving our options. This is one of our weakest links that once its fixed we can better connect our communities.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 12:36 PM

3,627 posts, read 12,400,342 times
I hope Greenville county follows through with its planning - The GSP area could be one of the nicest places in the country to live.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:46 AM

10,062 posts, read 19,929,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motonenterprises View Post
For all interested there is an article on greenvilleonline.com which is speaking on funding for the transit system. They seem pretty serious about improving our options. This is one of our weakest links that once its fixed we can better connect our communities.
Serious? LOL. When was the last time Greenville COUNTY got serious about anything? They're too busy arguing with Tony Trout. Let's face it. Our transit system sucks and everybody knows it. The city had to bail out the county once again.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
I hope Greenville county follows through with its planning - The GSP area could be one of the nicest places in the country to live.
Planning? Have you been on Woodruff Road before? Talk about great planning.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:38 PM

835 posts, read 2,040,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
Maybe the buildings, etc. will be nice but the mass transit I've been on was not exactly the the friendliest place I've ever been.

Old 08-26-2008, 05:01 PM

6,524 posts, read 13,694,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Serious? LOL. When was the last time Greenville COUNTY got serious about anything? They're too busy arguing with Tony Trout. Let's face it. Our transit system sucks and everybody knows it. The city had to bail out the county once again.
Who is Tony Trout? Is he related to Tony the Tiger? Face it, transit problems are common, especially in the south. Until gas becomes completely unaffordable or traffic unbearable will the will be there to solve transit problems?

Old 08-26-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
Who is Tony Trout? Is he related to Tony the Tiger? Face it, transit problems are common, especially in the south. Until gas becomes completely unaffordable or traffic unbearable will the will be there to solve transit problems?
This idiot: Tony Trout asks for damages in council confrontation | GreenvilleOnline.com | The Greenville News

Old 08-26-2008, 08:58 PM

161 posts, read 366,295 times
Greenville just isn't built to accommodate a truly functional mass transit system. I'm not saying anything bad about the city, it's just that the design nor the population don't lend themselves well to mass transit. The area is too "car" based right now for it to work.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:02 AM

617 posts, read 2,313,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drizzle View Post
Greenville just isn't built to accommodate a truly functional mass transit system. I'm not saying anything bad about the city, it's just that the design nor the population don't lend themselves well to mass transit. The area is too "car" based right now for it to work.
Yes, but is that because the mass transit is so lacking? If the bus system was better and I was guaranteed to be able to hop on a bus every 15 minutes at a stop I would ride it. I really enjoyed being able to use buses in Ottawa when my friends and I were up there. It was easy, the buses were nice, and all kinds of people used them. It wasn't just those with no car, no money, homeless, poor, etc. I was always comfortable on the buses no matter the time of day.

I think there are plenty of people here who would gladly ride a bus over taking their car. Save some gas and money and leave the driving to someone else? I'm all for that. You're right though...until the transit becomes mass transit, most of us will continue to rely on our own car. Nobody wants to be stuck at a bus stop for an hour or more waiting in the heat, rain, cold, etc. The day they add 20 more buses (or anything), more stops, and shorter wait times though, I'll be there!

Old 08-27-2008, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drizzle View Post
You want to talk about population. Ok, let's talk about population then. Clemson has a lot less people than Greenville County and they have a great transit system that is FREE to ride. What do you say to that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area