U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2008, 08:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,816 times

Advertisements

I am interested in pursuing a career in real estate in either greenville or columbia sc. I would really appreciate any advice as to which city is better for business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 10:10 AM

6,493 posts, read 13,540,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.coats View Post
I am interested in pursuing a career in real estate in either greenville or columbia sc. I would really appreciate any advice as to which city is better for business.
The Real Estate market in both cities is strong, I think your decision should be based more on where you'll be more comfortable, in general, than there being any tremendous differences in the stability of the markets.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:22 PM

7,995 posts, read 10,797,216 times
Both markets are strong, but seems the Greenville market has been slightly outperforming the Columbia market. Several real estate agents on here can give you more specifics.

Greenville ranks high in appreciation...again!

Old 09-05-2008, 08:00 AM

11 posts, read 33,156 times
Default Real Estate Agent

I have been an agent in Greenville, SC for 5 years. I am not sure of the Columbia Market, however I am positive that Columbia offer more of the classes and continuing education you will need for your license. I have driven to Columbia to be ceriftied for the sale of HUD homes, and also to renew and update broker/license information. Of course you know your license in the state of SC allow you to work both markets. I would choose the one that you have the most current contacts. I believe the networking in Greenville is strong with Realtors/Brokers, it will not be hard at all to tap into the real estate market in Greenville. The layout of the upstate I prefer to Columbia, Neighborhoods and areas are clearly defined, and the preferred neighborhoods are plentiful in the market today! I have had the opportunity while switching brokerage to meet with an Agency - Southern Realtor Associates - they sound like a great organization where they even contact agents in the other cities in SC and you can still get hefty referral fee, so no matter which city you choose, through them it appears you can sell anywhere in the state with ease!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area