Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 05:09 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinapride View Post
LOL.Your right Drizzle,I haven't started anything,got on this thread and seen all the nagative posts here and just responed back,that all I've ever done towards these vain greenville worshiperes,but you can believe one thing,I will definitely finish it until Matt,get's behind it and like he has before,"shut's it down"I'm a very determined person,just ask g-man.Leave him alone,what a joke.
Matt is not a moderator anymore.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:14 PM

191 posts, read 521,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Carolinapride says we have a teenager problem downtown. We haven't had a problem with that in weeks. It's over. Move on. Baseball stadium with condos? Ours got built in 2006 downtown. What's taking you guys so long? Lower crime rate? I'd like to see proof of that. Not exactly sure what you're trying to prove but it's not working. Message to moderator? Hah. Have fun with that. If you didn't care, you wouldn't be over here.
LOL,you so,don't have a "leg to stand on" here.What does it even matter when you got yours built.I could say,why wasn't it built before 2006,that would make me as dum as you though.The fact is,it's gonna be built and we are making progress here with all that's being built.Lower crime rate.you shock me that you don't already know that were better than you on that,since you love making all these comparisions between Augusta and greenville.What I'm I trying to prove that "is working"that you can't win an argument with me and I can hold out just as long as you or anyone else on here.Also,that I can "keep it up"with you as long as you want to go until like the othere threads,this one is shut down too pride,worshiping a city like it's a god.Leave you alone,I laugh at that too,because where is the proof that I posted anything aganist greenville where you or anyone else had to respond back to a nagative post of mine?No,it's the other way around,take your big mouth off my city and I'm gone,no,but your a little slow,aren't you?Well,I say,have it your way.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 09-21-2008 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 09-20-2008, 05:19 PM

Screw it. I don't feel like arguing with Carolinapride anymore. Fine. You're right. Augusta is bigger and better than Greenville. Is that what you want me to say? If it is then fine I said it. Now leave.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
I agree. I'm not trying to be a smart a**, but some people just can't get over themselves. They think Greenville is this crime ridden place where nothing gets built when that's not true at all. Like I said, i'm suprised they chose Greenville over Atlanta or Columbia to market their city.
LOL,again,You talk about people that can't "get over themselves",whatever that's suppose to mean.you need to go back and examine real close who created this thread and Why.A billboard advertising Augusta on it.Now that's a real big deal.Greenville is so great to hear you all tell it,but yet someone is worried that people reading that billboard might think twice about leaving greenville and moving here to Augusta.Now how lame is that.I'm sorry you don't like the advertisement but you need to get your childish a-- off this thread,with nothing better in your life to do arguing with me over "which city is better"and I said what I did about the crime there because for (1) is true and another you provoked it.Now just keep it going,and it doesn't matter if Matt isn't moderator anymore,someone is,and they will be reading these posts.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:29 PM

What is your problem dude? You keep on going on and on and on with this. Just give it a rest already please. Augusta and Greenville are both nice mid-size metro areas.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Screw it. I don't feel like arguing with Carolinapride anymore. Fine. You're right. Augusta is bigger and better than Greenville. Is that what you want me to say? If it is then fine I said it. Now leave.
It's too late now,someone's opened a "can of worms".I want keep it up with you but that doesn't mean that othere posteres aren't going to respond back to the posts already made.The poster who created this thread should have thought ahead of time that I just might find this thread and read the posts.The best thing now is that it be closed,which when the moderator looks at it,it will.But if you don't "keep it going"with me,I want be addressing you directly.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:46 PM

bs3488,I'm not gonna insult you because I'm not sure if your faulting me or just trying to intervene in this debate here.I will say this though,I have never got on the greenville threads and started anything nagatively about greenville or ever tried to make any comparisions.Because I do however,take pride in the place I was born and raised and because this is where my roots are at,I seriously take offence towards anyone from any city using this site to make deragatory and lying comments about my town.I believe that everyone should stay on there "own forum" and posts the positive aspects of there city and give people accurate information to those seeking to relocate.So it's the same with the "Augusta Forums",which people like g-man have been known to get on and say deragatory things about my town>I am so sorry if you don't like me responding back,but know this,I care enought about "my hometown",that I refuse to let "anyone"including the arrogant SOB's in greenville to spread lies and "trash"my hometown,when other people across the country with the click of a few buttons,can read it all and really draw a bad conclusion.Again,I'm sorry,for the situation that's gave cause to make these posts,but you need to really look closely at what the people on here in greenville are doing and know that I am just responding back.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:08 PM

48 posts, read 115,249 times
wow! this is interesting. greenville vs athens? who would have thunk it?

im not from here. is this a long standing rivalry between these two cities? is it rooted in a Clemson/UGA story? or is it just.....stuff that people do, for lack of a better phrase? i had never seen or heard anything about this until seeing it here (i just joined the site and have lived in GSP since aug '02.). there has to be a story here.

i have not steak in this. im a neutral observer. just very confused why either city would care this much about the other. its not like Dallas and Ft Worth here with proximity to eachother.

i, personally like both areas and i wish the best to both. just still mad about the last 46 seconds at UGA though.

so, when do we invade athens?

Old 09-20-2008, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-vegas View Post
Hey why is there an ugly billboard in front of my pretty Greenville skyline
Well Ill tell you this, they do know what city to come to for good people, unfortunately for them, people like an actual city like Greenville better.
"What is Going On" Oh yes,I remember that thread very well.It was about a bunch of stupid parnoid people in greenville going on about "teenagers hanging out in Falls Park",and the "downtown area"They were really missing up that beautiful city,and the police there were having to "babysit",Oh but wait,greenville suffered some "bugget cuts",what a shame,LOL,and unfortunately the police department was hit,so there really weren't enough police to keep it citizens there from droping dead with a heart attack from the sheer FEAR,of these "bad boy teenageres".Oh,but we don't have that problem here in Augusta,yet we have "teenage hangout"downtown and all over the place.But wait,our citizens here,aren't so vain and arrogant that it botheres us that our beautiful streets are cluttered with "little human beings,just like us,but really ,were the "real cry baby children "here,complaining over nothing.So paranoid.Go cry to all that concreate by the skyline that just sitting there idol.It's in greenville,so it must be holy.I bet even the dog mess,there is "holy"since it's in greenville.SHALL I GO ON,BECAUSE, BELIEVE ME,i CAN AND i WILL.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:20 PM

239 posts, read 701,609 times
i told you it was gonna get ugly ROFLMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area