U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2008, 05:24 PM

191 posts, read 437,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I don't want another online war either. I'm just kind of suprised they turned to Greenville over Atlanta or Columbia for their marketing campaign seeing how those cities are closer and have easier access to Augusta than Greenville.
g-man,my comments weren't even directed at you and I see who started this thread and you know who I quoted.Having said that,I just think it's uncalled for because,there is no reason to think that anyone living in greenville will leave because of the advertisement or that Augusta leaders or even trying to "take" people from greenville to Augusta.I'm a peaceful person,and you know since the last heayed debates over Augusta and Greenville,I haven't got back on this forum and said anything nagative about greenville and I appreciate the same courtesy being shown back.If people in greenville or anywhere else for that matter can't say anything positive about my or anyone's hometown,just don't say anything at all.I will never post anything on here for your nagative thoughts or feelings,just don't trash my city,

Old 09-20-2008, 05:27 PM

161 posts, read 353,750 times
Quote:
Call me when Augusta gets one of these in their skyline Carolinapride. Took this pic earlier today:
Oh ya, I saw one of those just off Main Street quite awhile ago (Peacock Hotel site I believe). Then they took it down when the funding for the construction project fell through (after it sat there, motionless for weeks). Now all that's left is some concrete pillars and an eye-sore.

Leave the dude from Augusta alone. You're going to get in to something you can't win.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:36 PM

9,748 posts, read 18,915,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drizzle View Post
Oh ya, I saw one of those just off Main Street quite awhile ago (Peacock Hotel site I believe). Then they took it down when the funding for the construction project fell through (after it sat there, motionless for weeks). Now all that's left is some concrete pillars and an eye-sore.

Leave the dude from Augusta alone. You're going to get in to something you can't win.
The Peacock used independent investors, not a large investment group like Windsor Aughtry. It's scheduled to restart construction early next year. If the banking industry wasn't all screwed up it would still be under construction. Village at Riverwalk in Augusta is also stalled, so we're not alone and neither is any other city. 210 Trade in Charlotte which was to be over 50 stories tall also stalled and their crane was taken down too. Washington Square which is also using a large investment group (Cousins Properties) starts construction early next year. That's two more cranes. Leave him alone? Tell him to leave us alone.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:42 PM

161 posts, read 353,750 times
Quote:
The Peacock used independent investors, not a large investment group like Windsor Aughtry. Washington Square which is also using a large investment group starts construction early next year. That's two more cranes. Leave him alone? Tell him to leave us alone.
I don't think he's the one who started it. Also, the size of an investment group doesn't have anything to do with their stabilty (Lehman Brothers and Bear Sterns anyone?)

Old 09-20-2008, 05:44 PM

Quote:
I don't think he's the one who started it. Also, the size of an investment group doesn't have anything to do with their stabilty (Lehman Brothers and Bear Sterns anyone?)
That's not the type of investment group i'm referring to. Lehman Brothers and Bear Sterns didn't build projects before they went bankrupt. They just funded them. Windsor/Aughtry and Cousins Properties actually build things and have the money to fund them. Cousins Properties is not using a bank to build Washington Square. They are using REIT and are doing JV with TIC Properties. Cousins also built the sixth tallest building in the nation, which is the Bank of America building in Atlanta.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:50 PM

Quote:

Drizzle,Hey,Thanks for the support,he can alone with other vain greenville worshipers,all go to the site of those concrete pillars and worship them.maybe fire will fall from out of heaven and consume people have "false gods"(greenville),not trying to capitlize,the arrogant people's city.Augusta,has plans for a new baseball stadium here,with resturants,retail stores,hotels,and the like and will cost 31 million dollars.New condo's are already in the process of being built,and ofcourse,we still enjoy a much lower crime rate than Greenville.By the way,g-man,if fire does fall from out of heaven and consume idolators like you and otheres,What will you do,you all don't even have a "burn center,at your hospital and I sure would't want you to come to MCG,burn unit here in Augusta,Kind of makes you wonder where greenville's priorities are.We not only have the best medical facility here in Georgia,but also,the southeast.Yes,Augusta,is growing everyday,by leaps and bounds and if greenville is such a "piece of heaven"then it really begs the question,Why in God's holy name,does people living in greenville have to get on this forum and "trash"my hometown as if you all think somehow,that Augusta poses a threat.That is the whole reason I can say,your all a bunch of idolators,very proud and very arrogant.You probally think that greenville is better than "Heaven itself",no,I forgot,you think greenville is heaven.Well,I hate to bust your bubble,but it's not and the first thing you know,someone reading these posts will be sending a message to the moderator,oh,how I just love this,who will in turn,be reading these posts,and what you know,another thread destroyed.Now ask me if I care?

Old 09-20-2008, 05:53 PM

Carolinapride says we have a teenager problem downtown. We haven't had a problem with that in weeks. It's over. Move on. Baseball stadium with condos? Ours got built in 2006 downtown. What's taking you guys so long? Lower crime rate? I'd like to see proof of that. . Not exactly sure what you're trying to prove but it's not working. Message to moderator? Hah. Have fun with that. If you didn't care, you wouldn't be over here.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 09-21-2008 at 01:58 PM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 09-20-2008, 06:02 PM

Quote:
LOL.Your right Drizzle,I haven't started anything,got on this thread and seen all the nagative posts here and just responed back,that all I've ever done towards these vain greenville worshiperes,but you can believe one thing,I will definitely finish it until Matt,get's behind it and like he has before,"shut's it down"I'm a very determined person,just ask g-man.Leave him alone,what a joke.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:05 PM

73 posts, read 200,885 times
Its pretty funny how normally mature people can turn into children bickering over something that doesn't even matter. Get a life and quit talking about such an insignificant thing. Wake up everyone and look at what your doing

Old 09-20-2008, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs3488 View Post
Its pretty funny how normally mature people can turn into children bickering over something that doesn't even matter. Get a life and quit talking about such an insignificant thing. Wake up everyone and look at what your doing
I agree. I'm not trying to be a smart a**, but some people just can't get over themselves. They think Greenville is this crime ridden place where nothing gets built when that's not true at all. Like I said, i'm suprised they chose Greenville over Atlanta or Columbia to market their city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area