U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-20-2008, 06:38 PM

315 posts, read 512,777 times

Advertisements

Don't know if any of the county or state representatives frequent this board, but I think there is a very low cost way of lessening the jam ups on I-85 between Greer exit 56 and I-385/Woodruff exit 51. It seems most of the traffic backs up between these exits and the Pelham Rd exit because people are trying to merge into the 3 lanes on 85, or they are trying to get over to that 3rd lane in order to get off the next exit. The good news is there is a 4th lane between these exits on both sides in these problem areas, but for whatever reason, these 4th lanes do not continue on to the next exit! If the county or state would simply extend these 4th lanes on both sides, this would allow for a much better traffic flow in this area. It seems like a very simple and cost efficient fix, too. What do you all think?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 06:43 PM

8,907 posts, read 13,452,445 times
Tells you just how smart our DOT is. They didn't extend the 4th lane to the exit lane.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:56 PM

48 posts, read 77,204 times
that I-85 southbound traffic at the 385/Woodruff exit is maddening. i have no idea why but, people feel the need to slow down to about 45 mph for that exit about two miles out. that exit, imo, is perfectly capable of taking at normal traffic speeds till you really start getting into the heart of it. it really does back stuff up.

i can only imagine how much worse that Pelham exit is going to be once the walley world (wal-mart) opens. ugh! dont get me wrong, im not a wally world basher, just seems like a horrible location for it. the other side of the highway would probably have been a better fit.

we live just a few miles from the I-85/Pelham area. if putting the walley world there is what it took to get the 5 Guys burger joint a five minute drive from my house, thats a price im willing to pay! oh, the ooey gooey greasy goodness that burger is.

btw, we need more "smilies" here!

Old 09-22-2008, 05:32 AM

22,064 posts, read 40,023,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBuffs View Post

btw, we need more "smilies" here!
http://www.city-data.com/forum/commu...1-smileys.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area