Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 10:39 AM

48 posts, read 115,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
That's Shiners. As in Shiner Bock.

I LOVE COLLEGE FOOTBALL! Went to Texas and can't wait for the Texas-OU game. Way it's shaping up, it will be two top 5 teams playing each other.

Love Tim Tebow and watching him play.

Texas playing Colorado. Should be fun to watch!

Wish I had seen USC (Cali) lose. Pete does not have much class and I'm afraid he imparts this to his players.
heading to Colorado for the texas game. my parents have had season tickets to Colorado football for about 40 years now.

me thinks texas will stomp my Buffs and that blows.

however, its tough to beat a fall saturday tailgating at the base of the flatiorns...

http://www.colorado.edu/IEC/images/CUboulder.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
I went to texas A&M and it is definitely a great atmosphere to watch a game. Regarding Colorado, i think that they will be going bowling this year as Hawkins seems to be heading the program in a good direction. Boulder seems to be such a tough place to play for the visitors (see OU last year
yeh but, since im going to the game its an automatic CU loss. i have not traveled to a CU game and seen them win since '02.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:11 PM

745 posts, read 2,233,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSKier View Post
I am a Clemson Fan and 20 year season ticket holder, but it is very hard to be a clemson fan this week! Just wanted to say that I was glad to see Colorado beat the WV so easily, I can't stand any of the Big Least teams.

Go Tigers!
To think I used to think you were one of the good guys! My son goes to USF (Big East) so I'm a fan by default. It's been great around here to have a winning football team in our midst. When we move to SC, I'll be a Clemson fan, b/c my brother went there (a loooong time ago!) I love college football- much more so than the pros.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:41 PM

192 posts, read 429,488 times
Hey Buffs fan, it's great to see other fans on here! You certainly seem to know your stuff! We had the opportunity on Saturday to visit Death Valley for the first time. While the outcome wasn't the greatest for the CU fans, it was fun to visit the stadium and experience ACC football. Being from Iowa, I've been a Big 10 fan all my life and have been to Kinnick Stadium in Iowa City, Camp Randall in Iowa City, the Metrodome in Minneapolis, and the old Dyche Stadium in Evanston. For post season, the Alamo Bowl was a lot of fun, and seeing Notre Dame and Texas A&M play in the Cotton Bowl 1/1/94 was pretty cool.

I'm looking forward to visiting a few more venues in this area in the next couple of years.

Because we sometimes want to see games not available locally and because we're huge NFL fans as well, we've built a sports bar in our basement and get just about every televised game. If you're ever looking for a game, drop me a note. Here are some pictures:

John Barth's Photos - Barth's Sports Bar | Facebook

John & Rhonda

Old 09-30-2008, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlbarth View Post
Because we sometimes want to see games not available locally and because we're huge NFL fans as well, we've built a sports bar in our basement and get just about every televised game. If you're ever looking for a game, drop me a note. Here are some pictures:

John Barth's Photos - Barth's Sports Bar | Facebook

John & Rhonda
wow! that is really cool! nice job.

one question though. where is the stripper pole?

i would imagine that the alamo bowl would be fun. san antonio is such a great city with the river walk and all. what a neat atmosphere!

Old 09-30-2008, 04:52 PM

765 posts, read 1,911,345 times
The Mi state...Wi game was intense

Old 09-30-2008, 08:09 PM

some interesting games this weekend....

Penn St vs Perdue. this is only interesting because PSU is ranked #6 in the nation. psu better roll these guys to have any chance at staking a claim to a BCS natl title game chance if they do go undefeated.

fllllaaaaraaaaaahhhhhhhdah vs arkansas. the hogs just got 52 hung on them vs texas. if the gators have any intention of getting back into the natl title hunt they better throw at least 50 on them.

'bama vs kentucky. watch out for a let down here. bama has had to start off with some big games. this one, not so much of a big game. a case of reading too many of your own press clippings? if i were a 'bama fan, i might be worried.

kansas st seems to jack with good teams seasons every now and then. look for #7 Texas Tech to have thier hands full this weekend.

auburn vs vandy? come on!!! vandy gets rolled. that is if the tigers remember to pack an offense.

wisky vs ohio state. i will let someone else pick this one. i think its in wisky. OSU may be looking at loss #2 early in the season. ouch!

USC vs Oregon. if the game was in eugene i would go with the ducks. however the game being in compton and the god awful ducks unis causing brain damage, i will take usc in this one by 2 tds.

missouri at kneebraska. MU has not won there since God created rivers. to you and me, thats a long time. look for MU to break that streak. in what fashion is anyones guess. some think it could be ugly as mizzou takes out years and years of frustrations vs Knu. me thinks it will be more like 33 17 as Knu plays an inspired game filled with lots of emotion.

lastly, Fresno St punks Hawaii by at least 3 tds. Pat Hill is a great coach. once his kids graduate, he will be a hot commidity at a big time school.

clemson is off and south carol has mississippi on the road. look for the ol ball coach to get this one done by.....oh.....10?

what are your thoughts? where am i right/wrong?

Old 10-01-2008, 06:25 AM

131 posts, read 696,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flgargoyle View Post
To think I used to think you were one of the good guys! My son goes to USF (Big East) so I'm a fan by default. It's been great around here to have a winning football team in our midst. When we move to SC, I'll be a Clemson fan, b/c my brother went there (a loooong time ago!) I love college football- much more so than the pros.
I'm sorry buy out of all the big east teams I can say that I dislike USF the least. Actually I admire their program because they have built so much in such little time. Just some bad blood between ACC and Big East teams since the ACC raided the Big East and took their best football teams. We all have to dislike some team!

Old 10-01-2008, 01:22 PM

286 posts, read 1,477,951 times
Wow, the ACC took the best of the Big East? and still they aren't a football conference....

I'm an LSU graduate and fan. When I was in school, it wasn't much fun to be a fan, but the last 10 years haven't been too bad for us!

I was at the Clemson vs. Maryland game last weekend. It was my first time in the "other" Death Valley. I'm going to ruffle feathers by saying this. The team and the fans just don't have the electricity to be a big time football program. The atmosphere was more glorified high school than it was college.

That being said, both my boys will likely be Clemson students some day, so I'm going to have to adjust.

Old 10-01-2008, 02:09 PM

745 posts, read 2,233,177 times
Just tugging yer chain, Skier. I couldn't resist... Tony, there's a chance our son might end up at Clemson before it's all over. He's still eyeing the Automotive program at ICAR, but he realizes the chances are slim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area