Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2008, 10:07 AM

1,294 posts, read 6,471,190 times

Advertisements

does anyone have any information regarding these subdivisions? rivendell is a pricey, very upscale subdivision with ammenities that cater to families, it seems. buckland is built in the back of rivendell and is comprised of smaller, less expensive houses and will have it's own set of ammenities. avendell is new and i don't think has been started yet. the same developers own all three.

my question is does anyone know anything more about these? there are a LOT of rivendell/ buckland houses for sale (about 15) and i know there's a lot of inventory in general out there, but it seems like people are moving out. just wondered if this is true and if so, why. has anyone driven back there and how does buckland look?

any info is appreciated!

thanks so much!!

Last edited by fisher33; 10-22-2008 at 10:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 05:39 PM

64 posts, read 130,675 times
I have though not in a while. The last time I went they were just starting Buckland. Rivendell is pretty exclusive, very nice houses. The landscaping was a bit unpolished the last time I went through, but like I said that was a while ago. They had a lot of trees laying around ready to be planted. In an attempt to answer your question; I do not believe people are leaving because it is a bad or poorly run subdivision. It is probably just related to the housing bust. I know that a BMW employee lost a house in there. I do not know his situation and this is perhaps unfair but $60000/yr does not buy you into Rivendell unless you have some tricky financing. Lot of that going around.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:34 AM

1,294 posts, read 6,471,190 times
Thanks glenn for replying. I think we've decided to look elsewhere. I would rather have trees around rather than HUGE houses!

Old 09-01-2009, 12:00 PM

2 posts, read 8,744 times
I live in Avendell and have since November 2007. It is a nice, quiet subdivision that is just getting started. There are only 6 houses, all occupied, (200 acres)in the S/D right now and it is very peaceful. We see lots of wildlife and have many trees. Our clubhouse is almost finished and the pool & lazy river are currently being built. We absolutely love it.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:50 PM

181 posts, read 407,556 times
11 active homes in the MLS for Rivendell. 3 homes sold in last 6 months, one was a short sale, one might have been a short sale or foreclosure. These are nice homes, and in a price range that is not moving quickly. Average DOM for the 3 that sold were 299 days.

Last edited by Mark Brian; 09-01-2009 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: clarification

Old 01-09-2010, 05:04 PM

1 posts, read 4,385 times
Hello SClovesthecountry in Avendell and Hi to all:
I am the contractor that is building the lagoon pool and lazy river at the clubhouse in Avendell subdivision. I regret to inform you that the developer of the subdivision (Pickens Road Developers LLC) and the bank financing the subdivision (CommunitySouth Bank and trust) are NOT and have not paid for work done with the pool/lazy river and have been holding payments from the contractor (Lagoons Ltd) for more then 3 months now, driving the contractor to bankrupcy and carelessly hurting all employees who got laid off. It seems to me that both developer and bank abandoned the project all together. The developer and the bank specifically and clearly authorized the work and commited to paying the contract amount. again, to no avail. A lien has been posted with the court against the whole subdivision minus tracts sold already. Please beware of the situation.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:25 AM

2 posts, read 8,744 times
the development known as Avendell is in foreclosure with Community South Bank in Easley, SC as of the present. So if you have a problem, you need to take it up with the bank.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:09 PM

2 posts, read 8,140 times
Default Avendell Lot Owner

I have just recently found out about the situation in Avendell. We own a lot and have had it For Sale for over a year and have never been notified of any foreclosure by Community South or the developers. Could you please advise us as to any information that could help us in this matter. I will be contacting Community South.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:12 PM

2 posts, read 8,140 times
I noticed your blog about Avendell and would love to know any information you have since we own one of the lots in this subdivision. I have just posted that we have never been notified of any foreclosure by the developers or the bank. Can you tell us about your liens on the developers assests because we would love to be able to secure our investment lost in any way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area