U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-02-2008, 09:09 PM
 
94 posts, read 260,198 times
Reputation: 30

Advertisements

Does anyone know who does these? I've had friends do them before, but since moving, we aren't close.

I could provide my own turkey or purchase one from the vendor.
Thanks!
Susan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-02-2008, 10:12 PM
 
2,053 posts, read 3,473,550 times
Reputation: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan2007 View Post
Does anyone know who does these? I've had friends do them before, but since moving, we aren't close.

I could provide my own turkey or purchase one from the vendor.
Thanks!
Susan
you could just go buy a fryer, i'm sure they sell them just about anywhere(sams, costco, walmart), and look up a tutorial online....

Here's One
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2008, 08:54 AM
 
94 posts, read 260,198 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
you could just go buy a fryer, i'm sure they sell them just about anywhere(sams, costco, walmart), and look up a tutorial online....

Here's One

Oh yes, I do know I can buy a fryer, but it's quite a mess for only once or twice a year. I was hoping to buy one already fried
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2008, 09:15 AM
 
Location: Maine!
467 posts, read 1,081,817 times
Reputation: 309
when i was stationed overseas, popeye's sold whole fried turkey for the holidays. we bought a couple one year and they were delish. i looked it up on line to see if it was available and there was no mention of it. i don't know if it was something that they were doing just for us serving overseas. . .but that was a couple of years ago, too, so maybe they tried it and ditched it. it's too bad, the turkey was tasty.

i plan on frying a turkey this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2008, 07:13 PM
 
94 posts, read 260,198 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechappells View Post
when i was stationed overseas, popeye's sold whole fried turkey for the holidays. we bought a couple one year and they were delish. i looked it up on line to see if it was available and there was no mention of it. i don't know if it was something that they were doing just for us serving overseas. . .but that was a couple of years ago, too, so maybe they tried it and ditched it. it's too bad, the turkey was tasty.

i plan on frying a turkey this year.
Would you be interested in making some extra money by frying one for me? Someone told me today they thought Bi-Lo sold them and so I am going to their store tomorrow after I vote to see if they have orders for Thanksgiving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2008, 07:50 PM
 
Location: The 12th State
22,003 posts, read 39,523,741 times
Reputation: 13225
I had fried turkey last year and I love it .
Fried holds in more flavor IMO than baked.
Before your mind goes they must sell turkey legs and that is not true it the whole turkey .
Greenville
1107 Faris Road
Greenville, SC 29605

864-220-0560
2405 Laurens Road
Greenville, SC 29606

864-297-4193
1217 Woodruff Road
Greenville, SC 29607

864-281-0813
3645 Pelham Road
Greenville, SC 29615

Spartanburg
1800 Asheville Highway
Spartanburg, SC 29303

864-582-3915
102 Dorman Center Dr.
Spartanburg, SC 29301

864-595-8392
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2008, 08:14 PM
 
11 posts, read 17,481 times
Reputation: 16
whatever you decide to do...be very careful! while quite delishous, frying a turkey can be very dangerous. more than one grease fire (which are quite hard to put out by the way) has occured by inexperienced folks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2008, 12:10 AM
 
2,053 posts, read 3,473,550 times
Reputation: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan2007 View Post
Oh yes, I do know I can buy a fryer, but it's quite a mess for only once or twice a year. I was hoping to buy one already fried
honestly its not that much of a mess, and you can use it for other things too, plus i'm sure what anyone charges for a cooked one is ridiculous compared to what it costs to cook your own. But whatever floats your boat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2008, 01:15 PM
 
94 posts, read 260,198 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
honestly its not that much of a mess, and you can use it for other things too, plus i'm sure what anyone charges for a cooked one is ridiculous compared to what it costs to cook your own. But whatever floats your boat
I'm sure I will pay much more for one. We've never fried a turkey and I saw this film on television where someone actually had a grease fire get out of control and burnt down his house!

We're not dumb people, but I don't care to take any chances. I'll stick to grilling outside but nothing else
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2008, 03:24 PM
 
44 posts, read 109,025 times
Reputation: 16
I see flyers at KFC offering cajun fried turkeys for Thanksgiving. I think it was around $34.95 but don't quote me on the price.
I, too am thinking of going this route with a fried turkey but having someone else make it for me (like KFC)

HTH

Debi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top