Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 10:35 AM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Not sure about bakeries, there should be plenty. As for fabrics, you're a girl after my own heart. There are fabric stores here and there in Greenville and Spartanburg. I hear you about Joann's and Hancock's, and add Hobby Lobby to that equation on quality as well.

For about an hour's drive, you can be at the fabric mecca in Gastonia NC, right down Rt. 85 E. Mary Jo's Cloth Store. Been in business forever, have everything our little hearts desire. From upholstery to silks, all top quality and the prices are well worth the ride. All famous brands. For example, most Amy Butler fabric is running over $10/yd in the small shops. Mary Jo's has it for $6.49/yd. The store is huge and there is plenty of help for cutting and advice. They have a website, but obviously can't list everything in there. If MaryJo's doesn't have "it" ... no one does. We are 2 hrs. from there here in the mountains, and it is still worth the drive. Have fun!
I agree aboout Mary Jo's. It's at the intersection of East Franklin Blvd (74) & Cox Road in Gastonia. The Cox Road exit of I 85 is exit 21.

Mary Jo's Cloth Store
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 07:26 PM

82 posts, read 196,486 times
Glad you made it Tony's I love that store for home decor fabrics. Do try a slice (or a whole cake) of Sweet Potato Cake from Brick Street Cafe off Augusta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area