Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 12:26 AM

18 posts, read 57,554 times

Advertisements

There's a couple of guys who have a cart in downtown greenville. Wow!!! Their dogs are amazing, they offer authentic style dogs!! You can get just about any style you want. They call themself "thick and thin" it's a "big" guy and an average looking fellow. Haha they are super nice, funny, quick and quite affordable!!

So i suggest them if you want a new addiction!! I can't get enough of them!!! Haha

they are usually downtown 11-3 good lunch time quickie!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 09:37 PM

462 posts, read 968,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher33 View Post
Skin Thrashers is very popular.
Skins used to be my favorite - and people laugh at me when I say this, BUT the EXXON station in Pelzer, has the best hot dogs I have ever had. Until I tried theirs, I hardly ever ate hot dogs!

I never thought I'd eat from a gas station!

Old 12-14-2008, 09:52 PM

18 posts, read 57,554 times
Haha ... That's cute. My grandfather used to go every tuesday to a local gas station for his 2 $1.00 weenies!! And yeah, they were very good!!

You should try the place downtown (greenville) they are amazing!! I havent found a dog like the ones my grandfather used to get until now!! They are at main and washington. Mmmmmmmmm some good eats!! Lol

Old 12-22-2008, 11:58 AM

65 posts, read 212,711 times
Default Update: Spike's and Moo Cow

I went to check out the Italian Sausages at Spike's and Moo Cow last week. They closed permanently the day before! Sadly, this is a somewhat typical Southern experience. Good food from what I have heard, but the locals are opposed to trying new things.

Old 12-22-2008, 01:08 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,966,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown Dogs View Post
That's my cart and we do sell genuine Chicago Dogs. One of my customers told me about this forum the other day and suggested I check it out. I am glad I did. We are branded with Vienna Beef (which has absolutely nothing to do with Vienna sausages) and have all the proper components shipped in from them. We have also added two other authentic Chicago foods - the Italian Beef and Italian Sausage. In addition to that we have more traditional Southern style dogs. My aunt ran the lunch counter at Varner's drug store in Brevard, NC and we use her chili recipe. It reminds me of my childhood every time I taste it.

Anyway, I am proud to be bringing some authentic Chicago foods here and hope that many of the folks here will come see us. We will do our best not to kill ya! :-)

Thanks,
Dave
Italian Beef?! OMG I love the stuff! I will have to check you out, thanks so much for mentioning that you sell it!

Old 12-22-2008, 06:42 PM

69 posts, read 275,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowulz View Post
...but the locals are opposed to trying new things.
Yeah, those @%&$# locals!

I'm a local BTW, but thought this was funny since there's usually a fair amount of ridiculous conversation here about all the 'transplants' changing the city!

Old 12-23-2008, 10:25 AM

462 posts, read 968,583 times
I went to 'Dawgs' on Pelham Rd. at lunch - very very good hot dogs!! Its a small place with a homey atmosphere. I will be going back!

Old 12-26-2008, 04:28 PM

9 posts, read 32,221 times
Ricky's in Spartanburg is good too. There's one off Union Street and Blackstock Rd (In Roebuck).

Old 12-26-2008, 04:44 PM

935 posts, read 1,648,953 times
When I was a kid, they were constructing the Daniel Bldg (around '68 maybe ?), and my granddad would bring us to a drive-in right close to that spot, also near that Coke plant, and they had THE BEST upstate dogs ever. Unique about upstate dogs are the chili, never had a sweeter chili anywhere else except on upstate dogs. It definitely had a one of a kind difference that is unforgettable. I wonder what that old joint was called.

Old 01-31-2009, 08:57 PM

6 posts, read 37,213 times
Hands down, no question about it, the absolute best dog in g-vegas is The Hot Dog King across from City Hall in downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area