Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 08:07 PM

107 posts, read 387,919 times

Advertisements

Hello all lots off people are looking for info on greenville simpsonville area yet you see how many view a post and no one replys . why is this are people that unwilling to help others not from the area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2007, 09:42 PM

83 posts, read 395,134 times
I don't know for sure, but activity seems to have dropped off since they split Greenville off into it's own sub-forum. I don't think it has to do with people's willingness to help.

I went to college in Greenville 20+ years ago and my sister lives there. I have generally very positive feelings about the area, but I wouldn't be able to help you with specifics.

Old 03-05-2007, 02:37 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,787,483 times
Wink Unfortunately people in a lot of cities&states do not use the internet much

You have to understand that in a lot of places people either don't like to or do not know how to use the internet. Also, the reason why so many people are looking for information on other areas is because they want to move. I'm guessing (and of course I could be wrong ), but maybe a lot of folks in SC/Greenville area like where they live and therefore they don't go online looking for info about places to move to .

I see and personally have the same problem on the Nashville TN forums. Even though some people reply on the Nashville TN forums, it's still a lot less than many other forums in FL/NY/CA and it can be disappointing at times.

Even Boise, ID where I'm at does not get many responses and when people do respond, some no longer live here and others have not been here very long. So I guess what I'm saying is don't take it personally . Just understand that it happens in other cities and states also due to the types of people that live there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridian to relocate View Post
Hello all lots off people are looking for info on greenville simpsonville area yet you see how many view a post and no one replys . why is this are people that unwilling to help others not from the area

Old 03-05-2007, 11:39 AM

107 posts, read 520,144 times
Default Maybe I can help

Quote:
I am not from Greenville but am moving there in August. I have done a lot of research on the Greenville area and have made several visits thus far, therefore I maybe able to help you with some info. What exactly do you want to know?

Also, to add to the others comments, another reason why there may be little response is that many, many questions have already been answered and can be found in previous posts if you look far back enough. I imagine that many don't like answering thesame questions over and over.

I too have noticed a sharp decline in posts since the greenville sub-forum was branched off.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:52 PM

1,076 posts, read 3,553,130 times
Quote:
I don't know for sure, but activity seems to have dropped off since they split Greenville off into it's own sub-forum.
not trying to change the subject but it seems to have dropped quite a bit to me too since the board got split, i liked it better the old way.

Old 03-06-2007, 06:46 AM

1,174 posts, read 2,533,449 times
it became very fragmented when they took Greenville off - like "Greenville" was a "different" place. would have thought Charleston would have fit that category. i liked it before they took Greenville off too. this is a small state, it's not like Florida, where you have loads of big cities. we don't need to be fragmented. also, it isn't working, as people are upset.

Old 03-06-2007, 06:56 AM

698 posts, read 2,841,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausikaa View Post
it became very fragmented when they took Greenville off - like "Greenville" was a "different" place. would have thought Charleston would have fit that category. i liked it before they took Greenville off too. this is a small state, it's not like Florida, where you have loads of big cities. we don't need to be fragmented. also, it isn't working, as people are upset.
I agree. Can it be switched back?

Old 03-06-2007, 06:57 PM
jac

389 posts, read 1,006,932 times
I assume that most people read a post, then reply if they have something to add. We relocated to the upstate last summer, and have found people to be nothing but friendly and helpful.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:08 AM

10 posts, read 40,963 times
Default Responses on Greenville

Quote:
Perhaps the local people have had enough of folks moving into their area and are saying enough.....I'm here shut the door.....getting too croweded like the area I left...just my humble opinion.

Old 03-07-2007, 11:11 AM

107 posts, read 387,919 times
did you try to find info on here wiscon. i think you might be right about to croeweded for them but i still think its rude to act that way . i know its the south and things are a bit different there. but hey 150 200 people veiw a post and 6 or 7 reply thats not right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area