Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2009, 07:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,547 times

Advertisements

Sorry if this or a similar question has already been asked. There are so many threads already running.
My husband and I are in our early 20's and have lived in St. Augustine Fl all our lives. Over the last year we have been discussing moving out of state. He works with Publix and will be transferring his job. We are looking at Greenville. Almost everything I've read has sounded good. My question is, What is the chance that I'll be able to find a job with a Boarding/Kennel facility? I've worked in one here for 2 years and I really like it. Should we find a home to rent and move before I start looking? I've heard places dont hire if you dont live there. Or should I try securing a job first? We have 5 months before our lease ends here. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 09:15 PM

129 posts, read 447,378 times
I myself moved from Fl about 3 years ago. I didn't live in St. Augustine, but my father lives there now and I'm very familiar with the "oldest city in America". You will definitely miss the beach, even if you don't go that often now. I think you'll find there is more things to do in greenville over st.aug. You shouldn't have any trouble finding a job at a kennel facility, my friends wife does the same thing. She quit her last job and found a new one quick. Greenville is a much bigger city than St. A, the rent is cheaper, and the houses are much cheaper that in St.Johns county. There is more night life, and beautiful sceanary. Mountain views are nice change, especially if you lived in FL all your life. All in all, probably a good move for you guys, but not a bad idea to have a job lined up before you come.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:59 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,771,854 times
Here's a job posting for a kennel employee. However at $7/hr "firm," you could make more money holding a sign on the side of the road.

Part Time KENNEL HELP (http://greenville.craigslist.org/lab/1028641440.html - broken link)

There are a lot of kennels around here, but pay in general in this area is lower than other parts of the country.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:09 PM

23 posts, read 73,841 times
Greenville is awesome. I have lived close to Greenville for a few yrs; born in Florida and live here in Florida now. But I dont know of any city prettier than Greenville. It has everything, low crime, friendly people, etc... I like it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area